Game Deals & Book thread

As if by magic, the Steam sale is up again.

When does the Christmas sale start? :christmas_tree: + :credit_card: = :world_map:

1 Like

My guess is the DCS one is tomorrow, or rather, that’s how it was last year.

I’ve got my eye on some things as well, so keenly looking.

IL-2 BoS 50% off sale on their site plus on Steam:

Is Steam Link something worth having? Like…for local MP games I play with my son (F1 Race Stars and soccer and stuff like that)…is it a better experience in the living room on a big screen TV?

Yes, especially as they are so cheap. You have to have cabling or decent modern wifi though. PC Couch-play is much better with controllers etc.

Ha…goes to show you how good my memory is. I actually “liked” that thread and now that I see it, I remember it.

I can definitely wire it to my PC or router…so that shouldn’t be a problem. And I think my X-Box controllers will be close enough to my computer that that shouldn’t be a problem (the X-box WiFi dongle still has to go in the computer and not the Steam Link right?)…

For $4.99 + some shipping…it’s worth a go.

1 Like

Nope, any dongles will work in the Steam Link’s USB slots. For the XBox One controllers you don’t need a dongle (as it is just bluetooth that the link talks already). For the old XBox 360 wireless controllers you can use the dongle direct in the Link.

1 Like

Yeah…those are what I have…the 360 wireless ones - that’s good to know they will work right in the Steam Link USB…because I’m about out of USB ports on my computer. It looks like a cable monster exploded under my desk lately… :frowning:

Flight Sim World -70% on Steam :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just picked up Elite and Flight Sim World for $30 bucks.

2 Likes

Also, every DCS module (minus a couple) are 50% off on Steam sale.

3 Likes

It’ll be nice when the new DCS licensing mechanism is in place and we won’t have to worry about if they keys will work or not in standalone edition (Note: Anything past the Mirage release is Steam only I believe).

1 Like

DCS: M-2000C
DCS: Nevada map
DCS: Spitfire
DCS: AJS-37
DCS: Normandy map
DCS: WW2 Assets pack
and also many new campaigns

As long as its not one of those, it will still transfer over to standalone, AFAIK. I might pick up the mig 15…

2 Likes

Some great books I recommend for Christmas:

• Boeing versus Airbus: The Inside Story of the Greatest International Competition in Business (John Newhouse)
  • Haynes A380 Manual (Robert Wicks)
  • Origin (Dan Brown)
  • Skunk Works: A Personal Memoir of My Years of Lockheed (Ben Rich)
3 Likes

The UK2000 Scenery Christmas Sale 2017 is now on with 25% off for single orders, 30% off for Double orders and 40% off for 4+ orders. I don’t have any of these sceneries, so I can’t comment on how they look. They didn’t do themselves any favors with the non anti-aliased screen captures on their product pages…but for anyone that does their flying in and around the UK, they might be worth a look.

I don’t know if they are P3D v4 ready (it says P3D compatible)…and be aware that that site might tack on some country tax for your individual country (again, according to what I’m reading)…

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page8.html

List of the products they are selling:

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page1.html

Some samples:

Aberdeen:

Belfast (see what I mean about anti-aliasing?):

London City:

Heathrow:

Anyway…looks like some decent stuff. I’d buy a bunch of that was where I was flying. My Ancestry DNA tells me I’m supposed to open a business in the UK apparently…maybe I can bring my German heritage bakery skills to London…

1 Like

Pretty good deal.

Pretty good looking, FSX/P3Dv4, carrier capable, recently updated :

https://www.fspilotshop.com/ants-airplanes-north-american-t28bc-p-4773.html

Real good deal ($9.99 - 80% off) on the VR title “The Climb”. I’ve been waiting for this one to go on sale. Just picked it up a couple hours ago and installed it here at my parent’s house and my brother and I have been having a great time messing with it. The 8’ ceilings are problem however…LOL…thankfully we haven’t broken anything yet. We did have to take our sweatshirts off however…

6 Likes

I’m not big on heights so I’ve passed on this lol.

4 Likes

It looks interesting from a technical standpoint, but to be honest, i rather do it for real…