Game Deals & Book thread

Not sure what’s going on here, perhaps a store mistake. Anyway, free at the moment for Xbox One I guess:

Its free to play days. From the 27th to the 30th its free to play. After that you have to buy it.

Poor info on the store page but Major Nelson said on his twitter its free play days.

1 Like

Project CARS - Pagani Edition is free today…allowing VR users to give it a whirl I guess…

4 Likes

Steam Halloween Sale :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: etc.

DCS keys are 40% off (Aircraft are scary I guess):

2 Likes

I bought this today…before I realized I guess it needs those hand thingy controllers…(?)…I probably won’t refund it though…it looks cool and I’m sure I’ll eventually get the hand thingys (they have a name that eludes me at the moment…)

Oculus Touch? (Sounds like something you’d find at Adam & Eve if I’m to be honest…)

2 Likes

Solus can be played without hand controllers on the Rift. You just use the XBone controller, and (depending how you barf) the Teleport transportation method. It’s a great looking game for sure.

2 Likes

Yeah what @fearlessfrog said works fine without touch controllers.

I picked it up yesterday as well since it was on my wishlist and I gave it a run last night using the rift and XB1 controller and it worked fine for me, no motion sickness even though I was using the normal walking mode and not teleport. The only weird thing is they don’t seem to allow strafe movement, so I’m still getting used to the controls without that, hoping to find a way to enable it…

So far seems like a pretty fun space dude marooned on an alien planet survival type game only in VR which is pretty cool. Hope to play more this weekend.

I’ve always wanted a good Robinson Crusoe in space game, hoping this is it fter the disappointment of No Man’s Sky.

2 Likes

Big Rise of Flight sale, 66%

http://riseofflight.com/informburo/5bba1e2be9614c718f603a964403a794/0c1b5bea956cf5d82d75e3b6670de318/

2 Likes

spotted this on the steam sales for those who may be in the market for a tank sim.

Hey. Hey you. Are you a fan of Battletech? No, not MechWarrior, BATTLETECH?

Do you miss artwork like this?

Go grab Brigador!

It’s flippin’ 9 bucks right now!

3 Likes

Spotted this:

Seems good value but is it any good?

I guess @EinsteinEP would be the man to ask since he wrote this:

1 Like

I guess you are right, but it’s the multiplayer bit i’m interested in, as all the negative reviews I’ve seen reference single player shortcomings… Someone has to have played this a little more recently? :wink:

The game is good, the way 1C has implemented multiplayer has some folks twitching, but as my good friend @Mastiff will likely tell you, it’s still good.

The game itself is very visual, gives you a good feeling of flying, has about the same level of systems depth as IL2-1946, but with some UI innovations that are either cool or annoying, depending on how you like visual stimuli. I particularly enjoy the winter front, although a lot of folks complained about being annoyed with all the white. I thought it was pretty cool to fly for minutes over a completely white landscape and then see your target in the distance, smoking and burning from previous attacks.

3 Likes

Here is Mastiff’s youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKkvPmwR9Q5_Wwm-SrJw5g

His videos are on the pretty long side - he tends to upload uncut footage - but you definitely get a good, unadulterated view of the experience.

2 Likes

I would say that these times are really favourable to the IL2BOS multiplayer. There are up 2 servers hosting dynamic campaigns.
Namely ‘Tactical Air War’ (next round should start soon) and ‘72AG-DED- Random Expert +’ (up and running atm).
Good stuff, I am finally enjoying this game!

1 Like

Oculus Rift Store Halloween sale is on now…

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/section/325731191127420/

This is a good deal…at the risk of poking his wallet, I thought @TheAlmightySnark might like it because I know he is fond of the Caribbean area flying. Price is steep…but considering it is a 15-airport pack…that is a pretty good value per airport. I’m almost considering buying it…but I’ve got an Air Hauler 2 career planned out for Papua New Guinea…but it is pretty tempting! The other consideration is that it isn’t listed as P3D capable (don’t know if you couldn’t still install it though…)

2 Likes

Nice! Unfortunately I’ve stopped using FSX after getting used to X-plane ;).

1 Like

IL2 - Cliffs of Dover is $2.49…(Steam key apparently…)

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-IL2CODUS/il-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover

3 Likes