Game Deals & Book thread

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/battle-academy-complete-bundle

1 Like

Alabeo (Carenado-Lite) is having a 40% off sale for the next ten days. As usual - check your compatibility with P3D versions if that is your target:

http://www.alabeo.com/

and XP-11

I don’t think there is anything there that is officially XP11 compatible (in the sale that is).

Was going to say Seminole and Tri Pacer, but stand corrected.

Edit: I should buy the Tri Pacer. No less than three times while shopping for airplanes, the owner did loops during demo flights with me in the right or rear seat. One of them was the Vans RV-8 demonstrator, which I very much enjoyed. But the other two were a Grumman Tiger and a Tri Pacer, neither what I would call traditional aerobatic aircraft. The Grumman was owned by the FBO at KLZU and the pilot was their flight school chief pilot. The Tri Pacer was out of PDK. I told the Piper owner rather aggravatedly, “I wish you guys would stop doing that!” Not that I didn’t like aerobatics. I had had beginning level aerobatics training in a Citabria, which was awesome. But when you get into a Tri Pacer with someone you’ve known 15 minutes and the guy’s fangs drop down to his navel the moment the wheels leave the runway, it’s just not a great feeling. Or the best way to sell an aircraft, IMO.

Sadly, the Vans aircraft pilot that had given me such a great demo flight, was killed doing a cross country in another company bird about a year later with an employee. Note: not the N58RV crash.

1 Like

ya I think it’s just 4-5 carenado models so far.

Momentarily tempted, and them remembered I have the arcade ones in Mame already (and never play) plus that the 2600 versions were awful even on the original machine. Still, very inexpensive per nostalgian second rate. :slight_smile:

Looking for a good twin engine bird, The Titan looks pretty but… any recommendations?

Dirt Rally is currently $14.99 (75% off) at the Humble Store:

2 Likes

Psychonauts free for the next 20 hours, very good game highly recommended.

2 Likes
1 Like

50% off for those that already own Spintires. At the moment if you purchase now (and you have spintires) you get 55% off.

2 Likes

Free week. Anyone interested in trying it out?
@adlabs6 @Linebacker @Prof @saghen @Andrew116

There’s apparently a co-op PvE mode.

edit: I’m available tonight, and late tomorrow/thursday. Looks like it ends in 2 days according to store page.

ok so the tutorial is bad. that doesn’t bode well for the rest of the game. Ignore that post!

2 Likes

Humble bundle has a great deal on StarDock’s games.

1 Like

That’s a great aeroplane. I’ve had it a while and flown it in FSX and P3D - I really like it - though I am a little biased as it has been a fave aircraft in RL for a long time (I used to work on them when I was ground crew at Tempelhof airport).

ps: oops - bit late! :blush:

1 Like

Not really a deal since but this is out soon and looks like it might be fun.

2 Likes

GOG.COM is having its usual amount of amazing deals! :smiley:

Ok, this has now gone down to a level where I am not sure if I want it or have time to play it. Sold!

EDIT: Not sure whether to laugh or cry. I’m doing a LA to Yuma run with the ‘Truckers’ internet radio on, shaking my little fist at people not letting me merge onto Interstate 8. For VR in-game, see (here). 10-4 good buddy!

6 Likes