Game Deals & Book thread

I love it when I get all excited about a game deal only to realize it’s in my Steam library already…

1 Like

Both entries are on rails. Latest news from the studio is that they are working on a more open world entry. The first book is pretty good. It’s on rails as well :smile:

So we have game deals…not a bad idea to throw book deals in as well.

Dustoff 7-3: Saving Lives Under Fire in Afghanistan (Kindle) is on sale today for $1.99 - looks like a good read:

1 Like

Tempting at 50% off…

I do have a 3 year old daughter - this could be useful to hone my techniques.

1 Like

Still early access, and not super cheap but looks great so far:

Nice bundle for anyone looking to get on the Fallout train or have any missing DLC:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/fallout-bundle

A free steam key for Eurofighter Typhoon. You have to sign up to their indie sales site. [*]

https://www.indiegala.com/store#giveaway

Quite a few reports of it not working great, but the free bit is the important part I guess…

[*] I’ll say in-case people don’t know as a PSA, if you use a ‘+’ character in your email address you can add arbitrary email addresses, which can be handy for spam filtering in the future, i.e. say I have the email address of:

[email protected]

…when I register for a site like that I can use the following as my email address:

[email protected]

…and it works fine - everything after a + is ignored. The email arrives correctly, and the ‘to’ name is marked with ‘indiegala’. This allows me to put on filters to route to spam/sales folders in email clients, plus is handy to see if they give away your email address, i.e. you can tell where it came from.

2 Likes

Thanks, added that to the library… funny revisiting these old games after so much time.

I don’t know whether to feel guilty, or if I got scammed by a social media experiment…but I happened to catch the thread early on Reddit about the screwed up (ostensibly) pricing of Far Cry 4 on the Origin site. For a few hours today, Far Cry 4 was $7.99 and for the Far Cry 4 Gold, $14.99. I caught it when the thread had about 30 replies…logged on to my Origin account, and sure enough, was able to buy it for $14.99.

I’m just curious if it was a viral advertising thing…or a genuine mistake. I’d love to see their sales numbers for that period…LOL… Anyway…like I have any time to play FC4…I haven’t even played a half a dozen hours of GTA IV let alone GTA-V…

BeachAV8R

Well, I think that’s the cheapest FC4 has ever been, so even if you don’t play it for a bit (it’s in the vault!) then it is still a good deal to grab while you could.

DCS Autumn sale.

Notice the part that say 2.0 and end of month…
DCS Sale

2 Likes

So “end of the month” is the new “two weeks”? :wink: Some good deals in this sale – anybody picking up a new module for DCS 2.0?

1 Like

The only modules I dont own arent in the sale. OK one isnt even released yet…

Nice sale. I haven’t bought any of the WW2 or Korea era aircraft. I’ve bought everything else though…but those periods just don’t interest me. And I’ll buy every helo module they make…

I wouldn’t mind second gen though

Yeah - I assume that means A-6, A-7 type aircraft? Hmm…no…they don’t look like they are on this list:

But F-105, F-8, and a few others would appeal to me (given the proper theater…)

I was actually thinking of third generation, like the F-4 Phantom.
Jet fighter generations - Wikipedia

Some of the second generation should be forgotten, like the F-104 Starfighter! Great Britain was rocking the the second gen though. And the Draken was pure sex.

1 Like

This looks like a good one…picked it up for $2.99 on Kindle Sale today:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XVYLDK/ref=s9_hps_ft_g351_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=1HC4SN58Q9T69ZF3NWE4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=2295006042&pf_rd_i=1000677541

And this one…

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MVZ8AQ/ref=s9_hps_bw_g351_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=1SEDGW4V5E8992E94XAF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2265425362&pf_rd_i=154754011