Games we are playing

Considered Homeworld?

1 Like

Are the areas the missions happen in quite large? I was a little apprehensive as I thought they might just do a MW Online copy and paste with small levels instead of larger ones giving you more tactical options.
How’s the graphics engine? Pretty scalable?

Let me refresh your memory:

5 Likes

Doom. Played it without mouse for over a decade, until I tried jDoom.

5 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Elite Referral?

A post was split to a new topic: Stellaris Advice Wanted

Good grief compadres, please use the New Topic button when it’s a new topic - they are free to play… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Then what about “Games we are playing”? I thought it was for comments and questions about non-flightsim computer games. :slightly_smiling_face:

Because we don’t have many subforums then there’s a tendency for us to treat topics like entite forums in their own right. This works fine for people who read everything everyday but sucks for either newcomers or people trying to find something in the future.

If you said ‘I am playing Stellaris’ and I replied ‘Neat’ then that seems to be good flow for this topic, but otherwise it’s literally a new topic.

New topics help the forum feel more welcoming, otherwise we might as well just use a single Mudspike thread called ‘stuff’ or perhaps just stick to Discord with its temporary timeline nature. New topics also tend to grow better, as people don’t feel they are dragging a 2000 post existing topic off topic after reply #3.

That’s my thinking anyway.

4 Likes

OK. :slightly_smiling_face:

What? Drag a post off topic??? That never happens at Mudspike!!! :rofl:

7 Likes

Just for the record- I’m totally ok with what @fearlessfrog did! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As am I. Just wanted the guidance. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello, resident retro-grouch here. I honestly don’t enjoy new games, by and large.

But, Sniper Elite 4 is fantastic.

I still think the original is my favorite, but this… this is REALLY good. Easily a close second. In fact, the more I play, the more I may like it. It may become my favorite.

3 Likes

Glad to hear. I got it in a bundle at some point, I need to give it a go too.

1 Like

It’s a tremendous improvement upon V2 and 3. While certainly far from even being considered substandard, both V2 and 3 were clunky as hell, with V2 being the most egregious.

On top of that, their maps were tiny and claustrophobic.It really didn’t allow you much freedom. 4 provides huge maps that give you plenty of room to observe and take shots. My only recommendation is consider the difficulty “Sniper Elite” to be easy. Don’t sell yourself short and dive in. It’s way more enjoyable with the stark challenge and more unforgiving outcomes to bad decisions. Also, you can adjust difficulty in a custom setting. So that’s nifty. And the online co-op? Fantastic.

3 Likes

I’m sorry…did you post something? I never got past the hot Russian blond chick with the riffle…you wouldn’t happen to know if she is seeing anybody… just ask’n

How are the ballistics? I remember playing V2, and they had the bullet originating from the center of the reticle of the scope, and a .30-06 round falling like a rock. It was really the only disappointment to a fun stealth shooter.

1 Like

Has anybody seen or played this?

It doesn’t feel as exaggerated as V2, but I’ll have to go back and give it a second look.

After a quick check, it’s not as V2, but still exaggerated to some degree. However, you can actually adjust for distance, now. Up to 500m.

1 Like

For anyone interested in playing this again there is a Discord Channel with mods available. Just came across the video yesterday and it does look promising. The GoG version will work with the mods.

Roadblocks in Caesar 3!? ► AND MORE - Finally after 20 years - [Julius Open Source Mods]

Link to the Discord Channel.

https://discordapp.com/invite/GamerZakh

The link is also in the comments section of the video.

Wheels

1 Like