Games we are playing

If you’ve got VR, House of the Dying Sun is a nice casual space shooter with some neat use of the presence that VR can give you. It reminds me of some of the old space shooters, it feels like Descent but in open space. It’s not big on story or particularly long, but I’m enjoying it.

2 Likes

Just bought Total War Three Kingdoms as heard it’s very good, the best Total War say some. Will see.
Also started Kingdom Come Deliverance again, trying to get a hang of the combat still lol.

1 Like

Haven’t heard of this before but just had a look and looks pretty good even though I don’t have VR on pc it uses TrackIR so good enough for me. I might give it a try.

1 Like

I’ve read all the translated books… Loved the 2033 game. But for some reason last light has sat uninstalled on my hard drive for a looking time.

I really must get around to it some day.

I’ve just started playing stalker: call of pripyat again as I never got far on my first attempt.

1 Like

I’ve played the Metro games multiple times but declined to get Exodus (no real reason why). I just can’t seem to find the desire to play it, although I’ve enjoyed the series.

Two games I can’t seem to finish are Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Middle Earth: Shadow of War. I enjoyed the first games but can’t seem to fully get into the sequels.

I played both the new DE games, liked them both quite a bit. I also played the first Middle Earth game but have yet to play the sequel. I’m so behind on my games.
While I have it installed, I’ve only got a couple of hours or so of Witcher 3 down…been preoccupied with many other things and haven’t gotten back to it yet!

Currently playing this

It’s a game alright

1 Like

It’s a GREAT game! :smiley:
But I’m biased, I like the genre…

1 Like

Probably my favorite genre. It’s very much a WayForward metroidvania although more Mummy Demastered than Shantae. It’s kept me playing at least. Only thing I really don’t care for is the Street Fighter style special weapon attacks. Probably better on a PS4 controller than a Xbox controller, since the d-pad is easier to use on that.

I’m pretty neutral on it atm, but we shall see lol

1 Like

Back with something that is interesting to say the least, Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/ancestors/home

yes, i broke down and got it on epic game store, it’s out on consoles now as well though and Steam… in a year.

Anyway, interesting survival type game where you have to learn and evolve your tribe. Not something for those with a lack of patience for sure.

Ya I’ll be looking at that on a sale maybe

I am playing “Lichdom: Battlemage” right now.
Basically a first person shooter with magic instead of guns. Surprisingly long levels and an interesting magic system that lets you craft your own spells.

1 Like

On PS4 and Xbox 4 months after Epic store release apparently, so around December time.

1 Like

ewww, so really is Epic store timed exclusive. I feel so dirty now.

1 Like

Honestly… I might be dumb but why the hate for Epic Store?
I’ve followed only partially the whole debacle…

1 Like

They claim to fight with Steam monopoly, but they are doing the same (or even worse) by obtaining 1 year exclusives. They pay the devs for doing so, and take lower cut from profits, so the devs are happy, but the consumers don’t want another game launcher which is lacking compared to Steam - no friend lists, no achievements, even basic store features as the shopping cart or forums. Many users also claimed that their EGS accounts were hacked which shows that Epic’s safety measures were weak.

In contrast Steam didn’t buy out externally made games for exclusivity, the same games could be bought on Steam, GOG, Uplay or Origin etc. Only Valve games were exclusive to Steam. EGS took down few games which were already TBR on Steam like Metro Exodus which was 2 weeks before realease when they announced switching to Epic. It pissed many people off.

5 Likes

Same question.
Depending on who I read they are either the Satan or the Prophet leading developers/gamers out of slavery by Steam.

Edit: sniped. Thanks!

2 Likes

I started replaying DOOM3 recently. This time in proper full hd res. When I played it originally in 2004 it was probably in 800x600 res on 17 inch CRT. I noticed something funny though this time. Only shows the details put into the game.

5 Likes

I see.
I’m old enough to remember the First Day of Steam… and from what I see it’s SSDD.

Hah, I remember refusing to go Steam back in '04, I was so distrustful of it. Lots of stories of false positives back then, especially with HL2.

3 Likes