General Discussion/Questions

So, not a lot? :wink:

Practically nothing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well this doesn’t deserve it’s own thread but I really like the IR resolution in this vid 

Tree yutes :wink: caught stealing candy from Canada’s Wonderland (an amusement park just north of where I live) 

They all surrendered in unison of course!

Nice takedown eh!? :grin:

You can run, but you can’t hide!

2 Likes

Gotta be honest
was waiting for the Vikhr

4 Likes

@BeachAV8R, can we get one for the site?

Rare Original World War II Class III/NFA C&R Oerlikon 20 mm MK4 Naval Cannon with Original Deck Mount and Gun CradleThis is an extremely rare example of an original WWII Navy Oerlikon 20 mm Cannon with its Navy deck mount that was manufactured by...

Pleaaaaase?

2 Likes

Oooonly one.

4 Likes

Why do some 737’s that have the new split winglets only have them on one wing and some have them on both?

1 Like

Mainly? Gremlins. They sit on the plane’s wing amd remove rivets and stuff until those winglets fall off

I saw a documentary on TV.

4 Likes

That is a very good question and I have no sensible answer. Where have you seen these flying?

There must be some reason

5 Likes

That’s just landing with style, not something you swingophiles would understand! :wink:

That’s what happens to the Push-for-power guys
 you see? YOU SEE?

1 Like

1 Like

Coming in to my local airport, maybe it’s just an optical illusion, I want to get a picture but often I’m driving and can. I know Boeing was working on certification for flying while missing a bottom one, so maybe they just get knocked off?

Boeing (one if their partners actually) started with the single blended winglet on the 737 in the early 2000’s and intruduced the “sharklet” about 10 years later. The sharklet is a tad more efficient so our airline hase been pretty quick to swap them out. In either case, they are installed semetrically

It might be an optical illusion or perhaps some sort of certification testing. The latter is the only explanation I have for flying with one but it doesn’t stand firm in my mind.

@smokinhole I think the split-X winglet(dammit call it an X-wing already) and the split-scimitar are quite the rage these days. Although I am mostly waiting for all those CFM engines to switch over to a DAC instead of a SAC configuration(double combuster/nozzle row). Should be about a 10% saving in fuel according to some sources.

2 Likes

It probably is an illusion, I’ll keep my eyes open though

Anyone here know if the AT-11 Sniper(T-72 long range weapon) can go through buildings or over them? What kind of guidance does it use?

It’s a beam rider. The 72 is lasing you. Can’t go through buildings and since it rides the laser it can’t go over them. Trees are no cover though. The shark will warn you since it can detect the laser but I don’t know if the Gazelle has one.

Gazelle has a standard RWR not a LWS unfortunately, i think the missile must have gotten through the trees then.