Gremlins

or Murphy or whatever name it goes by in your neck of the woods. I have had a huge dose of it for the last week. It started Christmas evening when a power surge took out the internet router and even getting the new DSL router yesterday did not give me a reprieve. I hooked it up and it can not find the DSL service.

Looks like it will take a service call to fix and I suspect that will not be happening until next week…

2 Likes

That’s a bummer. Last year I couldn’t figure out what was going on with my internet for a while and finally the cable company came out and determined the cable out on the pole by the street was bad after a nearby lightning strike. Getting connectivity issues sorted can be a hassle…hope you get it up and running.

2 Likes

Always something goes wrong at Christmas when there’s reduced services! Hope you get it sorted soon @wheelsup_cavu

2 Likes

And it continues, The power just went out again…

power1

8 Likes

Just got off the phone with the power company. Going to be out at least two hours.

If that is a PDF this phone is unable to recognize them Beach.

Wheels

2 Likes

Gif

1 Like

For some reason the GIF showed this time???

Pretty apropos Beach. :smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Well it took a little over two hours for the power to get restored. Which without internet access to any of the computers is not quite the same disaster.

Was also able during the power outage to get a probable resolution regarding the DSL box not working. I found out during the call that what I bought was a secondary router. Nothing I saw in the description for the router I bought mentioned that little wrinkle. He also told me that they only rent the primary routers now. It is supposed to be here Friday.

3 Likes

Gotta laugh…
Thought I would check on the status of the new unit and none of my phones will let me access my account.

Wheels

2 Likes

And another weekend without internet service…

Got the new box and I can access it through the computer and it shows everything is working but there is no internet service according to my computers. I even broke down and had my Win10 computer connect to the router via the WiFi signal and it shows no internet when it connects.

I have already rebooted the router by shutting it off and also by using the reboot setting in the router’s diagnostic page.

Wheels

2 Likes

Gave the reset button on the back of the modem a whirl earlier today, it was the only thing I had not tried, and that did not solve the problem either.

Wheels

And… after twelve days it is working again. Pretty sure this is the longest I have been without internet since the AOL online dialup days twenty plus years ago.

Felt like this was the present Santa gave me this year. :crazy_face:

The problem was caused by the router they sent not downloading my information from my account when I connected it. Tech that came out to fix the problem had to reinitialize the router three times before his fix took.

Wheels

4 Likes

At least you are back up and running now, I can only imagine the carnage, wailing and pulling out of hair that twelve days of no internet would have caused with my three daughters … :hot_face:

3 Likes

Must be my time for things to go wrong…

Today is the start of the Real ID issues.

Wheels

And today it was Facebook…
Temporarily locked my account forcing me to play what posts are yours and change my PW to get into the site. Going to login via another computer and change it again.

Wheels

No offense. But I’m not getting on an airplane with you any time soon.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Lol, that is probably a smart move Beach.

Wheels

2 Likes