Gremlins

I Dont know about getting on a plane with @wheelsup_cavu, I think we could even be pushing our luck replying to his post. :laughing:

3 Likes

The gift that keeps on givingā€¦

Summary

Spent the last three days dealing with FB account issues again. Same bleeping issue as last time. Locked out of the account due to suspected hacking activity. After three days of going through their automated circular hell that they claim is easy to use and perfectly sufficient to get the account back I finally did recover the account. I hope to never have to experience the ease of using it again, everā€¦

Joke of it was that everything that had been flagged by them as suspicious was definitely done by me. Some of what they flagged this time I had already confirmed were my actions the last time I recovered the account.

Something I am hoping helps keep this from happening ever again is that I turned off the IPv6 protocol on my router since it is dynamic and keeps changing. I only left the IPv4 setting enabled as it must be static to my account since it is still the same IP address as the one my old router used to get online. Another reason I believe the IPv4 number is static and associated to my account is because I never could figure out how to get the IPv4 to reset since shutting off the router, for days no less not hours, or using the hard reset button on the router has never changed it.

I sincerely hope this is the last of my troubles but I darn well have no intentions of betting on it.

Wheels

2 Likes

ā€œYeahā€¦we noticed these logins over and over and over againā€¦and queries about how to fix a routerā€¦andā€¦wellā€¦it all seemed veeeeeerrrry suspiciousā€¦ā€

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been lusting after a Gremlin.

3 Likes

Good thing I set the bar so lowā€¦

Wheels

1 Like

Well it went a bit better this time. Just around 5 and half hours.

Takeoff on Water

Wheels

1 Like

So, literally it would have been faster to buy the game on GOG.COM, install it, have you send me the replay file and run it on my pcā€¦

Only if you had the same mods installed too. :nerd_face:

Wheels

2 Likes

I think I could have managed that tooā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Lol, maybe not if I were involved in any way, especially with the way things have been going the last four months.

Wheels

2 Likes

Another holiday, another internet issue. Router is refusing to connect againā€¦

Wheels

2 Likes

Just finished going through my internet providerā€™s online tech support using my phone. No outages in the area but they did detect issues with my router. Online diagnostic repair attempts failed to resolve the problem so it is off to live support.

Wheels

My experience with this stuff can be summed up in this haiku.

ā€œIs it the DNS?
It canā€™t be the DNS.
ā€¦
But it was the DNS.ā€

1 Like

3 Likes

DNS or IPv5/IPv6 Conflict.

Sometimes we have computers that will connect to network with no problems and others refuse to get an IP.

90% of the time itā€™s Windows, Reseting the Network driver most of the time helps.

1 Like

IPv6 is disabled on my router.
At the moment nothing can connect to my service.

Wheels

Well the Internet has been working fine for the last few days but about twenty minutes ago my Air Conditioner decided to go on the blink. Funnily enough it was scheduled for service on Thursday but now I get to call tomorrow (Monday) and see if they can expedite itā€¦

Wheels

1 Like

Well no relief with the furnace until Thursday, possibly longer. At least we are heading into a warming trend the next few days. Not sure I could handle it if things were actually going to get better before they came to service the unit. ass

Wheels

1 Like

Service tech is scheduled for today to service the AC unit between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm. It is already past noon and if prior experience holds they will be calling to reschedule the appointment around 3:30 or 4 pm today to service the unit some time next week.

hot

Wheels

1 Like

Oh manā€¦thatā€™s when you wish you had an attic fan to turn on in the late afternoon to at least get that cooler evening air moving into the house. I used to love having one in my house growing up. I donā€™t have one now but would like to get one installedā€¦

1 Like