Heatblur: AJS-37 Viggen

7 Likes

I think one of my favorite things about the MiG-21 is how… “heavy duty” it feels- you’re flying an analog, winged Soviet rocket begrudgingly held in control by the pilot and that’s exactly how it sounds and handles.

Seems like LNS is putting the same attention to detail for the atmosphere of the Viggen too! The dials and switches go CLUNK, the electronics has that soft glow to it- etc. I can see why they picked the super nostalgic “Oh yeah, 80’s!” vibe for marketing. It’s living up to it!

4 Likes

Hork, dorken, bjorken!

1 Like

That Mission Computer Cartridge was State of the Art!!! In 1991 when the AJS was produced… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sure the computer is absolutely up to snuff. But rotating dials then punching specific codes to load specific functions…

It’s so darned Swedish. It’ll be a blast.

3 Likes

Well said about the Fishbed! I remember trying to automate some of the functions of it on my stick wich led to an existential crisis.

1 Like

I’ve been reading the declassified Viggen flight manual, and it’s surprisingly easy to understand technical, written swedish as a dane… :eyeglasses:

1 Like

The Grinch that stole Christmas. DAMN! It would have been a nice surprise. However, its out and I am happy to see it.
I just would not want to be in one of ED’s meetings right now. Whoever leaked it better hope they don’t find out its him.

Thank You For the Great info SD. I go stand in line now.

How…do you ‘leak’ something on your own YT channel…? Either you publish it, or you don’t…?

I think SD means someone jumped the gun…

If you follow the follow the vid to youtube you’ll see it’s marked with a padlock (in the bottom left). This means that while the video is uploaded, it has not been publicised and only people with a link can see it for now, until it is published.

Either someone ‘leaked’ the link or somebody guessed or used an algorithm or something to figure out the /watch code.

1 Like

Aaaaah! Of course! That’s why it’s uploaded but not on their channel.

Looks like they caught on to their mistake. :laughing:

Not an actual “mistake”, the video was set as Unlisted. However, there is a hole in how YT stores videos that someone was able to take advantage of. It’s unfortunate that someone chose to rob LNS of their big news tomorrow.

6 Likes

I agree. I still think it is big news and I do not think that this will necessarily diminish the event. Unfortunate, yes.

Don’t worry, @wagmatt. We’ll fix it!

:wink:

4 Likes

Yes, its a shame something like this happened to one of our favorite modelers.
Rest assured though, EVERYONE will welcome their model.
I just feel awful that the surprise was taken away after months of hard work.
Damn Internet!

That’s fairly disappointing, but they can use my money to dry any tears.

5 Likes

Very true! It has to be frustrating for technical difficulties (furthermore: someone else’s, not even your own) to ruin a good surprise.

Hear, hear!

1 Like

No worries, the guilty party have been transferred to Detention Block AA-23.

5 Likes