Heatblur: AJS-37 Viggen

start-up, taxi and take-off!

7 Likes

@Sryan. tack så mycket

2 Likes

omgomgomgomg

Remarkably simple and straightforward start-up process - I like how they implemented the process step and animation of the data cartridge, I wonder if there will be a mission planning tool to go along with it?

1 Like

That would be incredibly sweet. LNS might be the guys to pull it off :stuck_out_tongue: Since they also managed to develop an A2G radar first. It’s mentioned that the DTC also holds weapon waypoint data and as far as I know, no system in DCS currently exists that supports something like that.

While starting her up seems easy, I was impressed and intrigued by the complexity of the computer. Like punching in 9099 to order it to load in the data from the DTC. We’ll have to find out the hard way how hard and/or complex it really is, but it likely won’t be very self-explanatory.

Personally looking forward to it for reasons like that. The first new aircraft with deep systems to delve in since the A-10C.

4 Likes

Yep, me gonna buy it. I haven’t seen any mention, but has it been said anywhere that an english cockpit will come with the module?

4 Likes

No, but I will be teaching swedish, here at Mudspike. Wanna sign up for class? :wink:

Seriously, I have no idea…

5 Likes

Jag behöver det här!!

Don’t worry Bogus, Google Translate is your friend.

This this is Fantantisk

3 Likes

That Mission Computer interface is every bit as ghetto as the JA-37 manual implied, holy crap.

1 Like

7 Likes

I think one of my favorite things about the MiG-21 is how… “heavy duty” it feels- you’re flying an analog, winged Soviet rocket begrudgingly held in control by the pilot and that’s exactly how it sounds and handles.

Seems like LNS is putting the same attention to detail for the atmosphere of the Viggen too! The dials and switches go CLUNK, the electronics has that soft glow to it- etc. I can see why they picked the super nostalgic “Oh yeah, 80’s!” vibe for marketing. It’s living up to it!

4 Likes

Hork, dorken, bjorken!

1 Like

That Mission Computer Cartridge was State of the Art!!! In 1991 when the AJS was produced… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sure the computer is absolutely up to snuff. But rotating dials then punching specific codes to load specific functions…

It’s so darned Swedish. It’ll be a blast.

3 Likes

Well said about the Fishbed! I remember trying to automate some of the functions of it on my stick wich led to an existential crisis.

1 Like

I’ve been reading the declassified Viggen flight manual, and it’s surprisingly easy to understand technical, written swedish as a dane… :eyeglasses:

1 Like

The Grinch that stole Christmas. DAMN! It would have been a nice surprise. However, its out and I am happy to see it.
I just would not want to be in one of ED’s meetings right now. Whoever leaked it better hope they don’t find out its him.

Thank You For the Great info SD. I go stand in line now.

How…do you ‘leak’ something on your own YT channel…? Either you publish it, or you don’t…?

I think SD means someone jumped the gun…

If you follow the follow the vid to youtube you’ll see it’s marked with a padlock (in the bottom left). This means that while the video is uploaded, it has not been publicised and only people with a link can see it for now, until it is published.

Either someone ‘leaked’ the link or somebody guessed or used an algorithm or something to figure out the /watch code.

1 Like

Aaaaah! Of course! That’s why it’s uploaded but not on their channel.