Heatblur: AJS-37 Viggen

It is going to be a long couple of weeks…

1 Like

Those are Rb-04. The 05:s are the remote controlled ones.
LOVE the pics, BTW :wink:

2 Likes

6 Likes

@fearlessfrog iktf…

@EinsteinEP could you show us the RB-05A’s? :smiley: I’m very curious to see how DCS’s first real MCLOS man-in-the-loop weapon functions.

2 Likes

OMFG how frakking cool is all of that! :open_mouth:
Like, seriously- that’s awesomesauce with amazing sprinkled on top!

2 Likes

Are you… Flying it already?!

WHAT CRUEL WORLD IS THIS?!

1 Like

Very, very nice. Preordered the Viggen the moment it became available.

A supersonic strike aircraft? Count me in!

2 Likes

It so happens if you run a super awesome FS community and are a great writer, you get stuff! :smiley:

Looking good Einstein!

7 Likes

Was hoping to an extent that the F-5E would have mavericks for better anti-tank capability, but this…this…

…It brings tear to eye :sob:

Those Mav-sights were very surprising! I was told theres an infrared filter or something? Or is it just normal sight through the Mav’s camera? (Thank god we get the magnified Maverick-Bs)

1 Like

Oh so that’s all, BRB! :wink:

1 Like

i think the maverick scope looks to clear in the image, i think they will add somekinda filter to make it look more real :wink: @EinsteinEP

2 Likes

Cool. I heard or read about this EP-13 sight having some kind of infrared sight, but it may just be me. I just want the new bird so damn badly! :grinning:

1 Like

I should have prefaced that all the photos in the post above are from a WIP promo build of the Viggen. Nothing you see here should be considered as fully representative of the final product, which Leatherneck has announced that they will release later this month.

4 Likes

i was pretty sure bout it anyway as its gonna head into early access and not the as the final product… :blush:

I’ve read the manual cover to cover about 4 times so I can’t wait to see how much stuff I’ve remembered correctly! :wink:

4 Likes

I am going into it with @BeachAV8R’ Dark and Cold challenge. How hard can it be?!

1 Like

Having a random gas turbine starter fire and a catastrophic explosion as the fire travels up it’s fuel lines into the main fuel tank? :wink:

Either a starter is supposed to spit out fire or it’s just a method to transfer hot air into a N1 speed ;).

If I am carrying such little fuel that a fire can traverse my fuel lines then I deserve all of it!

In short, no I am not afraid!

Welp your flight seems to be full-proof. Good luck :grin:

Well, not really but I presume it uses some form of compressed air to spin LPC axis via a TGB/AGB combo as it most common. Especially since it’s powered by a JT-8D variant. So yeah, presumptions killed the cat :wink: