Helicopters Video Thread

I think they would be perfect modules for DCS as well. We can only hope. I remember having so much fun in Dangerous Waters hunting subs in my frigate and helicopter. Oh how I miss that game.

It’s on steam, works just fine with W10.

Dangerous Waters on Steam (steampowered.com)

I fire it up probably at least once a month.

2 Likes

The Lynx in DCS would be fun especially if weather and sea-state were more accurately modeled. Saying “I hope …” when discussing sims gets old quick. But I HOPE that the volumetric clouds bring better weather and that the weather in the Falklands can be made nice and nasty.

3 Likes

This…I have to watch through the fingers across my eyes…

8 Likes

You couldn’t pay me enough to do that.

3 Likes

One like does not convey how much I agree with that sentiment @RedBravo65.

Wheels

2 Likes

I’m impressed by the wire guide they had rigged to the top of the tower, to help guide the new piece down and onto the tower.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Nice! But the whole point of flying is to make the Earth move around you. Gyro-stabilized flying videos confuse me.

If it were a fixed-wing pilot the camera would be focused on him and you would be able to see how the pilot thinks the world rotates around him…

6 Likes

I am recovering from the biggest YouTube deep dive I’ve sunk into thus far. After watching dozens of autorotation videos nothing has come close to the following. This is the 3rd in a series of 5. I only picked this particular one because it’s the first hit when searching. They are all fascinating.

4 Likes

ouch…

ouch ouch…

7 Likes

Concur… ouch * 2. Lucky * 2^10

1 Like
3 Likes

It…it…its…just…so…ugly…!

8 Likes

It has a certain charm maybe? Sort of looks like a Blender 3D tool invert / cut and paste gone wrong.

7 Likes

They’ve clearly gone for the “a face only a mother would love”-look…

2 Likes

Gear up it looks…OK. Gear down it looks like a cat being picked awkwardly up by a toddler.

4 Likes

It very much does not look ugly! Well, not to me. Those main landing gears though :rofl:

3 Likes

I really like it. Futuristic, powerful looking. It’s cool

2 Likes