Helicopters Video Thread

The OTHER Viper. :wink:

6 Likes

While it is a legit evolution, it still reminds me of those Tacti-cool rifles I’ve seen around…

3 Likes
1 Like

Low? Yes. Fast? Hardly. The whole time I watched, I wondered what happened to his right leg. But the end of the video gives a hint.

1 Like

I dont know what to think about it. it looks like fun but on the other hand I wouldn’t want to deal with any kind of emergency in it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Speed is relative… If I say I will run as fast as I can, it still won’t be very…fast.

I don’t know what was worse? Flying that thing or transporting it home again…? :wink:
The dude clearly doesn’t have the same view of safety as I do. But nor does a wingsuit base jumper.

3 Likes

No injuries.

But, oh man!

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/1pLkZbHYdw4

4 Likes

They are seriously just the most epic awesome and badass looking monster helicopter ever created.

4 Likes

Oh, to have a western heavy-lift helo for DCS. Spec Ops, CSAR, resupply. So many possibilities

4 Likes

I thought this little video was interesting in that I saw something I’ve never seen on a Seahawk or Blackhawk before. If you go to 2 minutes, 30 seconds you see that the helicopter appears to have fixed machine guns on each side of the nose.

1 Like

I think you’re right, they do look like barrels. I guess you can pester surface vessels with them.

I don’t think the guns are currently mounted (barrels only in place):

1 Like

I believe those are pitot tubes

The UH-60’s have them mounted above the cockpit.

It appears even the older SH-60’s have them mounted on the nose

3 Likes

You both are most likely correct but I dare say they look like machine gun barrels IMHO.

2 Likes

I say they look like sharks with frickin’ lasers on their heads.

4 Likes

Yeah, not to be a party pooper, but they are indeed just pitot tubes.
It would be frickin cool if they were machineguns though! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I mean… they can mount two guns plus 4 Hellfire’s… so nobody be too sad lol

4 Likes

Except at airshows, when chicks come up to look, “Why yes miss, those are 49 mm cannons, for dogfighting Mig’s…”.

3 Likes

Reminds me of that Huey pilot song…

2 Likes

Time to fire up the huey again

And also pine for a Cobra in DCS

8 Likes