Helicopters Video Thread

I love those front wheel take-offs! :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

Can’t wait for the BO-105, hope the flight model will be as good as Eagle/Belsimtek heli’s.

3 Likes

Is that still happening? I thought it got canned or did I make that up? I can’t find a source for it being cancelled but I was sure I had read somewhere that it was not being continued. I hope it is because that is one badass chopper

Miltech 5 is punching out updates on his facebook page.

Last I read Miltech-5 was missing a systems and flight model coder and then Razbam teamed up with them to get it finished.
Razbam has good coders, but also a lot of projects so I am not expecting it anytime soon but I have good hopes of it becoming a quality, finished module eventually

2 Likes

On the one hand it’s a shame that Razbam is so small with so much on their hands. You’d want them to finish the things rapidly, but they just can’t.

On the other hand, having so many different projects means the coder’s job stays interesting. I can imagine getting burned out on a thing if all you do is debug and polish and debug and polish on the same thing for months and months on end. So him getting to tinker with this, then with that is actually a good thing.

On the gripping hand, eh, whaddaya gonna do. It is what it is and it ain’t what it ain’t.

I will buy the 105 the minute they take my money for it. They were a very visible and audible part of the Dutch skies in my youth. I also :heart: Razbam, despite their failings.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Oh yeah, the CH53 is definitely my new Helicopter love. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Listened to the Fighter Pilot Podcast “090 AH-64 Apache” podcast today.

“Jello” and Tim “Dorothy” Settle mentioned the heartbreaking fratricide incident of February 17, 1991 in Iraq where an AH-64A accidentally hit a Bradley and an M114 …

You can fast forward to 4:20 to skip the fog of war …

They mentioned this video is in their training curriculum now for both helo pilots and jet fighter pilots.

13:00 you can hear the pilot requesting to break station and go home. I can’t even imagine the grief.

1 Like

Not sure if this was posted earlier or not:

1 Like

I think that these Kamov’s are my favourite. I’d love to have a whole line of them in a flight sim (early model all the way up to the modern ones)

8 Likes

I didn’t realize they had those things in Canada. Not sure I can call them my personal favorite but they are cool.

1 Like

“We don’t need no stinking tail rotors!”

2 Likes

Fridge, nice addon podcast to that excellent “Whispering Death” vid …

2 Likes

Thanks @Elby! I will check it out.

2 Likes

Seems a bit wobbly. (On second thought…nah…it’s fine.) Gorgeous.

2 Likes

it is not, its just now you are a helo pilot and you can see even from outside all the tinny inputs which are required to fly these things :sunglasses: :+1:

machine looks good especially in this livery imo

5 Likes