Helicopters Video Thread

Exploding rubber sharks are a real threat to the local ecology.

1 Like

LOL…I love how everything has a specific label. It’s almost as if they expected to have to use the Shark Repellent Bat Spray.

Robin seems like the kind a guy who pushes for power.

2 Likes

I actually didn’t realize helicopters did this…

3 Likes
1 Like

They call it HIFR

2 Likes

Interesting. I knew about the air-to-air capability…I just didn’t know they would do it via a cable delivered hose. I’ve hot refueled Apaches and Chinooks before when I worked on the line…so I guess it isn’t much more of a reach to do it while hovering. My biggest regret in all those refuelings is that I never asked to sit in the cockpit of one of the Apaches. I’m soooooo stoooopid…

1 Like

This Sea Stallion got a little too excited …

One thing comes to mind on that one:

Also, blade elasticity is a ■■■■■ when you’ve got a rotor diameter the size of an aircraft carrier!

1 Like

Once you use slow motion…you can truly see the evilness and ridiculousness of helicopter physics…

3 Likes

There is a great optical illusion there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

«Physics»?
It’s evil wizardry!

Just don’t install the meshing gear backwards. Bad things happen when you do that.

3 Likes

“Never fly something that is at risk of having a midair collision with itself…”

9 Likes

Wasn’t there a Star Trek episode about that?

1 Like
2 Likes

Guess I’m going to watch Fallout in July!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Pretty cool hes actually flying the stunts. Cant imagine the insurance rider on that though…

2 Likes

It is pretty insane isn’t it? I mean…that is within the realm of professional helicopter piloting. Also a testament I guess to the user friendliness of that helo. I’m pretty damn impressed though…