Hollo Pointe (DCS Server)

With two good sticks you can try slots A1B1 and then A2B2. If the system crashes in one pair of slots, one of those slots is bad. We had this happen to my brother’s PC after I had to re-seat the processor (old thermal paste was a bit messy) when his cooler failed, must be a pin that isn’t contacting the processor right as any time we put a RAM stick in slot 4 his system fails to boot - doesn’t matter what stick.

There’s a lot going on and spread throughout Divine Falcon. I built it with my old i5-6600k on 16GB of memory, so I know your system specs should be good enough. Did you try it with the Mi-8 or Harrier?

Compile as needed, yes. JIT compilation, no.

1 Like

I got a AMD 8120, with a Nvidia GTX770 (2GB) and 24 GB of ram, with DCS running off a solid state drive. I didn’t have any issues running any of the other missions. I did in the past have issues loading missions from Nearblinds server on PG at night. :man_shrugging:

Well you likely are OK on RAM, but single core processor performance and GPU VRAM is low.

I didn’t spend much time on PG with my old build to get a feel for it on older hardware. The info helps as I can rule out network and server performance issues. Does single player on the PG map play any better?

I had loaded Off.Pos earlier in the day incase you gents are around again, so that should be running for now.

New mission teaser for the PG map - Ira’dib
Primarily for Blue Coop, but will include Red jet client slots. (MiG-21s, really? :slight_smile: ) Primarily a ground attack mission, but there are plenty of bad guys flying around looking for you if you go looking for them.

Should take 2-4 hours to win for an A-10C or two -

The faster jets can change that -

I still need to add in the a/c clients, and some triggers, and then put fresh veggies on top -

Combined Arms can win this…

9 Likes

Hollo Pointe North: New Year Update

Network Hardware

Links are aggregated with some nice new cables that are CAT6, should keep things running smoothly. Grey - my PC, Orange - HPN.

SRS Server Update

Simple Radio Standalone has had some new updates again, so please if you are a user of this awesome add-on - update to 1.7.2.0 which will now allow you to see how many players are on the same frequency as you!

From the server side of things we now have a frequency that can bridge across coalitions with the security enabled. I have selected the aeronautical emergency channel of 121.500Mhz AM for this purpose. As from a previous update, you can also do a mic-check on 120.300 or 247.200Mhz AM.
These three frequencies are now listed in the server description, visible from the server list browser.

Discord Changes

Just a reminder to let me know which region you belong to and I can add you to our “@ NorthAmerica” or “@ Europe” roles - which you can then ping others in the same region to meet up and fly!

You can also let me know if you are a user of SRS, as we now have “@ SRS Users” which will mainly be used to make notes of updates to SRS and when I update the server so that in the event of backwards incompatible changes you can be certain what version the server is running. You could also ping this role for help with SRS.

9 Likes

A question on this time estimate - does that time span include the use of CBU-97/105’s? :grin:

3 Likes

Iirc Tomcat was RAM hungry especially online. 32GB was recommended. But that was true some weeks ago. Maybe not anymore…

2 Likes

I made the F-14 + Gulf work online with my old build using 16GB on Win7, didn’t have any major problems so I don’t think it’s memory alone. Bear in mind I also set up large page files which helped a lot.

1 Like

Since Page File(s) would be accessed often and randomly, moving them to SSD’s and potentially off the C drive would help. I recall having them on a particularly slow HDD (slower than modern typical consumer disks today) is horrendous. At the time I had a 20GB HDD pulled from a dead Xbox I used for Paging and temp data so that my page file wouldn’t clash with C or games drive…things got better once that disk was tossed out!

While I know you know, I figure it’s worth bing on record that the page file increase is curing symptoms not causes - which is insufficient RAM.

I haven’t flown the 14 in a while, next run I’ll take it for a spin and see what I see on RAM usage for DCS - will be interesting!

1 Like

Okay, here are the errr…startling results.
Was not anticipating this.

2 Likes

Could you be more specific pls? What days, what times!? Maybe I will fit somewhere…

3 Likes

We need to get our Mi8 on again @nevo

1 Like

For sure. I upgraded with NS 430 :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I can’t be very specific :frowning: I’m not able to fly at regular set times. Times you can usually find me flying are saturday mornings and sunday afternoons, though!

3 Likes

Oooh. Is it worth it? I’ve been very interested to try that add on but haven’t yet. What do you think of it?

I have it and tbh never switch it on. I learned the nav aspects of the hind from the outset and never need a GPS thingymajig. The best enjoyment I get from dcs is ifr and vfr navigation especially in the huey and hip. Waypoints are great but they encourage laziness :+1:

Oh and I found this thread while discord is going through its 13 updates

1 Like

A new mission called Ira’dib debuts tomorrow, Friday, on Hollo Pointe. It features modern jets in the Persian Gulf. While mostly a Blue coop mission, it includes some Red jets and helicopters.
Blue A-10s and ground attack strikes can hit Red armor and artillery objectives all day, without triggering Red air.
Blue attack jets will trigger Red AI opponents by flying into Red air defense detection – that is, when a Blue Jet is detected by Red radar then Red jets will launch.
Combined Arms forces can win this.

Please join in! The mission does have a timeout, and it can be restarted with the Radio F10 Menu.

12 Likes

Currently on this server…

Any chance on the next update to move the London FARP for the choppers closer to Al Minhad AB? Where it is now, it’s a LONG haul to the target area. :grinning: