Hollo Pointe (DCS Server)

Yes, you can.

Single player is always LIVE.
MP the setting seems to apply to if you are hosting. I have set my client to Real Time and Hollo Pointe North does not have the TacView mod/plugin however the delay is still applied.

It appears the client works like this:
IF server setting NOT provided USE 10 minutes
ELSE use server setting.

I will do some further looking because the Tacview settings are in the UI and the Dedicated Server doesn’t run the main DCS UI for me to be able to play around with them so I will have to figure how to adjust them in the config files.

1 Like

We turned on the Hollo Pointe server export settings, so the TacView should work…

Kill Transports is running.

3 Likes

Great stuff. Thanks.

1 Like

Hollo Pointe North has been reconfigured with a TacView delay of 5 minutes (down from 10).
After discussing with @Franze we were aiming for only two minutes but it seems that TacView only accepts the options of 5min, 10min or 0/RealTime.

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks guys. Yeah 2 mins optimal but 5 is still good, that’s not a long wait time.

1 Like

OK, great.
Where would you like that delivered?

5 Likes

Working the new Syria mission Briefing today -

Briefing
Jambiya Dagger

Summary

General Vaz is assembling his Red Democratic Republic forces in the hills above Damascus. For two months the RDR has constructed outposts and storage buildings at the site of the old Senaya Prison. There is a new Red headquarters that has modern antenna towers for regional command and control. The RDR has AAA and is reported to be building up air defense.
Red armor and artillery forces are preparing to attack the Blue airbases at Al Dumayr and Mezzeh.
The Blue Liberation Front has decided that the RDR needs to go.

The RDR commander, General Vaz, has long vowed to restore his rule of the Halbun valley in Syria. He and his daughter, Tanya, have a formidable army and are preparing to attack the Blue assets at Damascus. Earlier this year, General Vaz stated, “I am holding my father’s jambiya dagger, that which came from the fathers before him. Great people of Halbun, you are a people of destiny! Our Grand Mosque is destined to be closest to God! Warriors, unafraid and willing! I shall thrust my jambiya deep into the heart of the enemy. And with your blood you shall renew the world!”

The Blue Liberation Front announced that the buildup of the RDR forces was in violation of the Barada River agreement. The announcement said that the RDR armor and artillery pose an imment threat to the forward area operating airbases of Al Dumayr and Mezzeh. A-10C aircraft from these bases will engage the enemy ground units and HQ. The US Air Force is operating out of Marj Ruhayyil airbase to the south. Carrier based Navy aircraft are operating southwest of Beirut. Intelligence reports that the enemy is readying an air strike against our air bases. The Blue Liberation Front commander called General Vaz “vacant”, and said that no one listens to that old windbag.

5 Likes

The Ka-50s are so effective against tactical Blue air defense -

Colonel Tanya Bobanya -

5 Likes

Get ready Steve. General Vaz is on his way.

Those pesky Warthogs are going to learn their lesson, soon.

7 Likes

Was hoping to brush up on air-to-air refueling in the HP (main) server, but none of the tankers are flying. Are they on holiday? strike? :smiley:

COVID physical distancing rules currently allow no AAR sorry… :grin:

5 Likes

If it’s Erl Sis that has been running for a while, then the tankers are probably out of gas and there’s no more left to back them up.

Restart in the F10 menu?

1 Like

Yes, you can bring up the Radio menu, go to F10 and there should be a Restart Mission option.

For some missions you have to choose the Initiate Action option first, then the Restart becomes available.

2 Likes