Hollo Pointe North January WWII Fun Flight

If you all are doing this again tonight I’ll be able to join.

2 Likes

Do you live at @wheelsup_cavu’s house?

3 Likes

I’ve never, ever, ever left a canopy on a runway. Ever.

5 Likes

Tried mission 9 of Epsom. It is still a struggle for my system. But…it also takes place under and over an overcast. The fight happens over loads of AAA. It was playable but not pleasant. I did bag a 109 so that was nice.

4 Likes

Have you tried turning off turbulence?

Lol, that is just harsh man.
raw

Wheels

4 Likes

Heading out for some shenanigans!

7 Likes

That was fun. Thanks for hosting @Wes. I didn’t hear anyone on SRS but Fridge pointed me to the Discord and we chatted for a bit. The performance struggled somewhat over the target area (in VR). But that’s ok because there was a lot to shoot. And, being used to IL2, things really go “BOOM” now in DCS. Pretty cool.

3 Likes

Sorry guys, my son’s PC kept shutting down so had to assist. Hopefully the Amazon Prime next day delivery turns up with the new PSU as he’s bereft without his games (probably gets that from me) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

:rofl: :laughing: Damn right!
That must have been the first time we realised we were “The Professionals”!
('cause we are anything but professional)

4 Likes

Yep, that was the night and also because of the Night of the Huey for me where I left a lot of smoking wreckage around the airfield and the enemy just sat back and let me do their job for them lol. There have been many more times since :smile: “what’s that beeping?”…BOOM :joy:

4 Likes

Remark that doesn’t deserve its own topic, but still amazed that I can order something from Amazon on a Thursday night at 6pm and that it’s on my door step the next day at 9AM. Also, Thermaltake 5 year warranty is good/bad, as in, a 4 1/2 year old unit :slight_smile: but only parts/labor, and shipping a bust PSU to Florida is not cheap. :confused:

4 Likes

Is nice to live next to warehouse :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve just found a 3rd casualty from attempting to fly just one night, maybe I moved and didn’t notice.

Managed a couple more fights against AI in the Mustang last night, unfortunately the time zones meant I was the only one online. Still not able to fly let alone fight in that bird, but I was better than on the night before! Maintaining airspeed and energy seems beneficial.

2 Likes

WWII aircraft are all about energy fighting, even the turn fighters. The more energy you can preserve, the better. I just picked up the Fw-190A-8 and after doing a couple missions with it, I found that it can easily outrun the AI, so I basically did hit and runs to dominate them.

2 Likes

For the next flight, climb up go a safe altitude of a few thousand feet and practice trying to make tight turns until the snap-roll happens. After a bit, you’ll have a feel for where that limit lies and then the rest gets much easier.

3 Likes

Playing with the Mustang today. Very nice wide undercarriage :slight_smile:

As I did the blind ‘cold and dark’ challenge, it was interesting that you can almost take off without switching on the magnetos. :boom: :cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

I have a feeling there would be far less lack of spark for us sim pilots if the aviation industry had just labelled it as “ignition”. It’s not often we hop in our cars and forget to start the engine!

5 Likes

I guess because of pure compression it starts and runs without the magnetos. Just a little underpowered though :cowboy_hat_face:

Anyone know why the oil dilution switch doesn’t stay in place? It doesn’t seem to matter but curious on why it flips back.

2 Likes