Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Pre-order

Honeycomb is/was taking direct pre-orders. I think I wore out my F5 key. Looks like they sold out within minutes. I got lucky for once and confirmed my order. According to a social media post, only 30% of their initial production would be available to Honeycomb website direct pre-orders. The rest for 3rd party vendors pre-orders which have been available for some time.

5 Likes

Congratsā€¦I had one in the basket, but didnā€™t get my credit card details entered in timeā€¦ :woozy_face:

1 Like

Bummer dude. :worried: A few hours ago, I read on their Facebook page that pre-orders were opened to Europe, Canada and Australia. Just more internet traffic/competition to deal with. :man_shrugging: :neutral_face:

Not a big dealā€¦just annoying that they donā€™t lock you in once you get to the payment part of the transactionā€¦ Their Facebook page is lit up right now with upset potential customers. At least I have the Reverb G2 to look forward to.

2 Likes

Someone mentioned that people most likely bought in bulk which lead to it selling out in 1 minuteā€¦ and what do you know? All these new listings on eBay for the Bravo. $650 USD buy it nowā€¦ :rage:

1 Like

They really screwed up the pre-order process. A limit of 1 per transaction would have been appropriate for a launch like this. Oh wellā€¦ Iā€™ll most likely pick one up next year.

3 Likes

it seems pricey for a throttle quadrant!
Anything special about it?

Well, itā€™s highly customizable, good quality, has autopilot control buttons, trim wheel, gear handleā€¦ for the money it seems pretty good to me.

4 Likes

Well iā€™m more of a fighter pilot, so probably itā€™s targeting the MSflight sim / Xpilot players more.

Seems nice tough!
I have a wharthog and i use a saitek throttle quadrant for warbirds radiators and mixtures, but on some models i would like to have one or two more leversā€¦ (probably i could save a lot of bucks buying another used saitek to pair it up, but the honeycomb is a nice alternative ā€¦)

Looks a second pre-order round could happen today judging from this reply on Facebook about 10 minutes ago.

We are at max production. We have sold out of first weeks production. We will make 2nd weeks production available later today. Weā€™re doing the best we can to accommodate everyone, but we canā€™t tell the factory make more than their capacity.

Thatā€™s good newsā€¦hopefully they will limit the number of units to one per person. Iā€™ll keep an eye on their store pageā€¦F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.F5 F5 F5

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Will that trim wheel actually work? I havent seen a demo of it- just the throttle quadrant part in the released videos. Same goes for the gear handle? Also there is a GA Style horizontal flap handle? Is that cosmetic or functional? I would love to have a working manual trim for the smaller GA aircraft.

From their website description:

The Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant is an all-in-one cockpit system featuring a configurable throttle setup, from single-engine general aviation to four-engine commercial aircraft. It features multiple cockpit components including autopilot, annunciator panel, gear & flaps lever as well as a trim wheel.

So I would think the trim wheel will workā€¦ :grinning:

1 Like

Week 2 production preorder available! Go go go!

I missed out on week 2ā€¦but snagged one for week 3. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

You never fly the P-38? :grin:

Add me to the week 3 club please.

2 Likes

Got in for week 2 (you must have just missed it @PaulRix, based on when you posted that comment, I ordered mine just over an hour ago. Sorry man :frowning: )

I too was in the ā€œit was in my cart a minute ago!?ā€ Club, and I carted it at 4:02, if it makes you feel better.

That said, I was feeling bad about all the torch-and-pitchforking on their facebook page, but:

1. ā€œā€¦We canā€™t boost productionā€¦ā€. Aaaand thatā€™s a big negative ghost rider. You/your supplier can boost it if you/they really want to. Itā€™s a ā€˜where thereā€™s a will thereā€™s a wayā€™ type of thing. You just donā€™t want to invest in that, given sales will slow to a trickle within a year (unless they bring out new products), as thatā€™s the nature of this niche industry. Thatā€™s a reasonable and prudent business choice, but donā€™t play it off like it isnā€™t a choice and take a ā€˜sorry, our hands are tiedā€ narrative. Also ā€œwe didnā€™t know theyā€™d sell out so fastā€¦ā€. YOUR LEAD PRODUCT IS ALREADY BACKORDERED; yokes are sold out ever-where. Thatā€™s what economists call a ā€œmarket signalā€, or what Jeff Foxworthy would call ā€œyour signā€

2. Wait wait wait wait wait. Wait. Am I hearing they didnā€™t institute a ā€˜limited number per customerā€ policy? Pass me my flaming pitch fork.

Ok, deep breaths.

Iā€™m good now.

Seriously though, based on the 15 minutes I had to day to play around with my just-arrive yoke, itā€™s clear these guys make a solid product. This is the bet feeling plastic flight control Iā€™ve ever held, and both pitch and roll axis have a nice exponential feedback to them. Reminds me of how my crosswinds feel. They just clearly stink at the retail end of things. Iā€™ll take that at the end of the day, versus the other way around.

1 Like

No worries, itā€™s all good. Chances are that I will be on the road when it comes in anyway. Hopefully, with this throttle unit, and all the other functions it offers, I will use it, along with the yoke, a little bit more than just the yoke alone.

Oh, and the yoke is a great piece of kitā€¦ way, WAY better than the CH Yoke I had years ago.

I have a Saitek/Logitech autopilot panel that I guess I wonā€™t be needing once the throttle arrivesā€¦anyone interested?

Iā€™m so glad that we arenā€™t subjected to such asshatery at Mudspike. People donā€™t have a clue how tough it is to launch a small manufacturing business. Iā€™d like to see how brave they are when they have to stand in front of their employees and reveal that they wonā€™t make payroll this time, usually for something completely out of their control, like a global pandemic. The ā€œwhere there is a willā€ statement is especially misplaced. Reveals an amateur of the lowest order.

2 Likes

Dan, I hope you are starting to see at least the hint of an uptick. If I could buy your beer here in Texas I most certainly would be buying by the case.

2 Likes