HP Reverb G2

Ooooooooh…!

7 Likes

Ahhh damn it! I just got my HP! Boooo! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If it has mechanical IPD adjustment, I might have to give it a go.

4 Likes

Need to know more…
They may actually keep the Reverb as their “Pro” headset and do the G2 with lower specs for gamers, for all we know.
Interesting prospects though.

3 Likes

It is a collaboration with Valve, so…

1 Like

I’ll keep my fingers crossed then. I’m also not a big fan of WMR, but with the direction Oculus/FB are going, I am starting to think that they are not going to stay with PC VR, at least not in a way that works well for us simmers.

2 Likes

If that is a prototype, then FOV is already compromised. Doesnt matter if resolution is increased to 5k or 8k. Just got my Reverb and love it. My next VR set will have Pimax like FOV if it isn’t the Pimax itself.

POOF!!

Essentially this just came out of nowhere. HP Reverb G2 on Steam

As far as I can tell, this seems to be windows mixed reality, version 2

3 Likes

I’d like this more than I want higher resolution as well.
Still curious about the Pimax 8KX…

Thanks for the heads-up. Not much details unfortunately.

I am flying with the Reverb for some months now and my two wishes for the new generation would be:

1. Bigger sweet spot
  2. Higher FOV (say by some 20-30 degrees; so Index-like)

I do not necessarily need higher resolution but I reckon that’s probably one of the ways the industry will go.

2 Likes

For me personally, I’m pretty ok with the current res of the Index as I know more is just going to require even more demanding hardware and we don’t know what the 3000 series from Nvidia is really going to offer and at what prices. A little more FOV would be nice no doubt. What I’d really like is a lighter cord and maybe some better colors from the lenses.

1 Like

I’m actually pretty ok with the resolution of the Rift S. I guess I will change my opinion if I tried the Reverb :wink: But with that in mind, I don’t think we need an increase in resolution than say an increase in FoV.

Hey hey have you seen this? Reverb G2 specs are out!

1 Like

Info coming tomorrow?

4 Likes

This, perhaps?

1 Like

Reverbists, will you upgrade?

But is this really an upgrade, as the FOV and res is the same… and no mention of the sweet spot either…

Preorder page is up with specs: HP Reverb G2 VR Headset | HP® Official Site. Same resolution and FOV, but manual IPD adjustment.

Livestream with HP, MS and Valve: https://vimeo.com/aweonline

1 Like

Tempting…

New lenses by Valve. Hm.

1 Like

I guess it will be easier to dial in with manual IPD.

1 Like