HP Reverb G2

Absolutely. I love my Reverb…and with four cameras, better lenses, and mechanical IPD - definitely. My son will get the Reverb…

4 Likes

I’m on the fence, it should definitely be better for movement based games and it sounds like better clarity and sound, but I am really looking for improved FOV. I tend to be swayed easily though.

1 Like

Looks like a fall release date. I am very happy with my current Reverb but the IPD adjustment might be nice. Luckily I have a few months to hem and haw about it.

Aww yissss! This might be the one for me…

1 Like

Seems odd that Valve would go in on this…doesn’t it compete directly with the Index - or do you think Valve once again decided…meh…lets just do software distribution?

1 Like

I think this will put it over the top vs Rift S for me. Rift S main advantage was the controllers and 5 camera tracking. If Reverb 2.0 has better/similar tracking, controllers, and now mechanical IPD adjustment, It should be an excellent headset.

1 Like

Only a monstrous dinosaur tail cable could ruin it.

Pre-order is more like “we will inform you when it is available”… but it costs nothing to sign up…so I have. I like my Rift S a lot but I want mechanical IPD. Increased resolution is also appealing but I am still leery of WMR. I’m probably going to give this a go though.

1 Like

Should be an interesting line up for these Gen 2-2.5 headsets. I think inside out tracking headsets are the future and best options for mainstream VR success. Wireless would be the dream scenario, probably 5-6 years down the road when something like Quest can run hi fidelity games as well as a PC.

So how will four cameras work with WMR software is my question…unless they are going to use non-WMR software? Or WMR is going to adapt to allow for four inputs?

Strangely enough, in the end it is not such a big deal for me.

I’m starting to practice now…

Great…that’s in my browser history now…Amazon will be pushing that product on every page I visit…sigh…

5 Likes

Well, you asked for it! :laughing:

1 Like

I didnt know WMR was limited in cameras, I’ve only used the Rift S. Maybe Microsoft has realized that only two cameras hampers tracking ability and will update the software?

In the data sheet for G2 Reverb it says its WMR and SteamVR compatible, but this may mean WMR only uses the same two that OG Reverb uses? Good question. Can SteamVR run independent of WMR? On the Rift S, you have to run the Oculus software and the SteamVR to make it work.

I think they said it has a single wire cord, so it may be better than the current double cord Reverb.

Not seeing the obvious PRE-ORDER button? :thinking:

I think that my wife must have called a friend at HP and had it removed!

5 Likes

It’s gone. As @PaulRix mentions, it was just a registration to get an email when it was available.

I’m very excited to see it . Will likely be my first WMR headset , as Oculus doesn’t seem interested in higher res , and HP seems to have been very aggressive in correcting the G1’s faults .

Pre-ordered just now…the HP website directs to this page (it has been confirmed by HP reps that it is the legit order page):

Or you can access directly through HP to that site:

https://www.connection.com/product/hp-reverb-g2-virtual-reality-headset/1g5u1aa-aba/41024161?cm_mmc=HP-_-Reverb-G2-_-VR-Headset-_-Pre-Order

1 Like