HP Reverb G2

:+1:

2 Likes

Alternatively, you could try bringing your eyeballs closer to the lenses…

1 Like

NSFL man

2 Likes

I actually agree…LOL…that is a talent I wouldn’t want to show off…

2 Likes

Just tried MSFS2020 again. Been months. All the above apply but, still not playable. No biggie.

1 Like

OpenXR v107 at 75 and motion reprojection always on seems good - OpenXR Dev Tools for WMR - #20 by chipwich

You still might need to reduce the in-game render value down from 100, graphics card dependent of course.

2 Likes

I too just received the G2 today. I’ve had an Odyssey+ briefly (wasn’t comfortable for me) that I sold quickly and moved to a Rift S which I’ve been generally happy with for two years.

Out of the box, the G2 seems lighter, maybe more comfortable, or at least as comfortable, and-

HOLY CRAP THE CLARITY!!! NO ONE TOLD ME IT COULD GET THIS GOOD!! :open_mouth:

It blows my Rift S out of the water. Incredible! Default resolution in Steam was 156%, and I can read EVERYTHING. AMPCD? Clear as day. WOW!

I’m completely shocked by how good the displays are. FOV is on par with the Rift it seems, and the sweet spot is not as noticeable as I thought it would be, it’s very nice. If you’re on the fence, order one.

Set up was easy enough, no issues with the cable here.

Now I’m tuning my settings to get it to run as smoothly as my Rift. I’ve turned off MSAA (used to run 4x) because there’s no shimmering without it now. Stepped Steam SS back down to 100%, any other suggestions?

2 Likes

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

1 Like

Yeah, it’s on par with a monitor I think (I have a 42" 4K).

Just did a night flight. Much better than the O+. Blacks aren’t quite as black but it was a moonlight night with BKN layers. Cool view. None of that…I don’t know what it’s called…‘streaking’ from any bright light source: the cursor itself used to drive me crazy at night. No more.

1 Like

It was the first headset where I actually watched a movie in that VR movie theater in the Cliff House. I opened the Netflix app and watched the movie version of Miami Vice. It was fun. The clarity was “good enough” I thought…

And imagine once you watch a 3D movie. It will be a wow factor over another wow factor :grinning:

Does 3D movies work in VR? I’m thinking since 3D movies for flat screens are usually based on shutter glasses…?

In 3D SBS (side by side) is perfectly OK.

1 Like

Last night jumping into DCS for an hour whilst the wife was asleep I had a bug or problem anyway. In VR I had no forward or backward movement in my hmd. Just able to look around. Most annoying, has it happened to anyone else, and is there a solution.
Off to try this morning see if it’s fixed after a PC reboot

I have had my G2 revert to a 3 DoF mode a couple of times. But nothing that a quick restart didn’t fix.

I restarted it this morning and it’s fine. Thanks. Are you seeing a big difference with your new card in the G2. I got the card first so I don’t know how the 1080 would have coped :slightly_smiling_face:

I haven’t built the new PC yet.
Need to finish up some other stuff first… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The patience of this man :smiley: You havent even eaten the boxes yet?

4 Likes

Only tasted them…a little. :wink:

4 Likes