HP Reverb G2

That’s the Pro version.

8 Likes

I can’t say whether it’s the G2 or some other force having made impact on my simming lately. But, flying the Hornet in VR has become suddenly hugely addictive. Add VAICOM and the Supercarrier module and it’s like sim crack, dude. Any other G2 owners have a similar experience?

I sometimes find myself just sitting in the Hornet after a trap and marveling at all of the detail. Not to the same level as the Tomcat, but I can spend a long while just looking at all of the minute details.

2 Likes

Yes sir, since day 1, though in the O+. I was, effectively, done with flight sims a couple of years ago. Maybe once or twice a month for an hour, ish. Now it’s 10X that. Though, my version of sim crack is the cheap, behind the dumpster transaction kind (with the O+) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been working on another project for the moment…and haven’t even had more than an hour in my G2 (I know…nuts right?)… Excited to really give it a whirl though.

1 Like

Question for you guys who have G1 and G2.
I have just been advised delivery date for me is now 6th January 2021, 24-48 hours notice yada yada.
I have been offered an e-coupon code 20% off next HP purchase. If I cancelled G2 and ordered G1 (now AUD $600 RRP) less 20% am I a genius or a tool? Is there a big difference between the two?
Your input is welcomed.
Thanks, John

NOT SOMETHING YOU WANT TO DO. Money is not everything. In this case its … just no.

1 Like

Just cause my aim is better, my bogey id is better and I can see them tiny displays on the Falcon? YES I put in a lot more time into DCS in the G2.

BLASPHEME!!! Who would murder a lovely box like the G2s. Come On!

1 Like

Dude! @BeachAV8R tasted his box… For all we know he might have eaten it!

2 Likes

It’s here…!
I mean, it’s not here as in with me, but in the city, in a warehouse!
Now, I have once waited a full week for a package to be delivered from said warehouse, to my post office… But it may seem like things are actually moving a little faster than usual. Cautiously optimistic here. That’s when things usually falls apart…

3 Likes

I’m appalled by your insensitivity… BLACK BOXES MATTER!!!
Maico turns to his box "Come Honey!, We are out o’ here!

Maico writes letter…
"Dear Armenian Post Service of Norway:
Do not deliver this lovely box to Mr. Troll, he does not deserve her.

1 Like

I dont own G1 nor G2. But from what I ‘heard’ - G2 sports physical IPD adjustment, better lenses, better colors, better wider sweet spot…

1 Like

belly2

3 Likes

Anyone in the UK wants to pay a bit more for one without it seems hand controllers

Taco Friday dinner finished.
No pickup message…
Went about some chores.
No pickup message…
Mrs. Microbiology opens the Friday night wine bottle.
No pickup message…
Thinking that if take a sip of that wine, I won’t be able to go to the post office, if I should get the pickup message.
No pickup message…
Pours a glass. WTH it probably won’t be delivered until Monday anyway…

PICKUP MESSAGE!!!

The infamous Black Box.

Looks like somebody…tasted the box.
You wouldn’t know anything about that, would you, @BeachAV8R…?

13 Likes

He is abusing her already and blaming it on someone else! Uhmm, like I suspected

2 Likes

Heeeey! I’m not blaming him, ok… I just want to look into his eyes as he tells me he didn’t nibble a bit out of my box! You would want to do the same, if this was your box.

3 Likes

"He’ did become overexcited at the picture of my box, and I hadn’t even shown any of the inner box. That’s when you have to be careful

3 Likes

delicious2

3 Likes

Well, damn. I think my G2 has a problem. I didn’t get to fly with it this week, and when I booted it up this evening, I got this…

This is the left lense…

and

This is the right lense.

I feel like Carl Reiner in “The Jerk”, after wearing a pair of Steve Martin’s glasses…

th

I didn’t drop them, I just didn’t use them for about 5 days because of work and then – other stuff.

Anyone got any ideas, or should I contact HP about an RMA?

1 Like

This launch seems awfully reminiscent to the original G1 launch - seems there are a good many hardware reports. They got it sorted in the later batches of the G1, but I’m surprised they might have let this happen again. I haven’t actually booted mine up all week, and only have about an hour in mine…so I’m nervous that with a bit of “work” in mine I might run into problems as well.

I have no suggestions unfortunately. Other than trying it with another computer if you have the chance just to assure it is the headset itself. Can’t imagine it is anything but though…

2 Likes