HP Reverb G2

Yeah, it had manual/automatic IFF modes plus local Ident stuff - I’m just relearning it now - pure operator error on my part for sure. :blush:

2 Likes

Just took delivery of my vroptician lenses. Oh my! Almost like a new headset! The downside is the return of a very slight, fine screendoor effect.

7 Likes

I have the very slightest prescription but use various low powered readers to see the PC screen.

As I find that I need one strength for flying for my job, another for reading, another for the PC screen, what prescription do you all find is necessary for the Reverb? Is it straight what the Optician tells you, or do you find that the focal distance within the headset requires a different strength?

Or does it vary with the sim? For instance I find that IL-2s menus are a in my face in a way that I find a little pushy.

It feels like it’s trying to sell me something. :wink:

3 Likes

I flew the Saab with varifocals that I still use. I would be ok flying my present aircraft with bifocals. for DCS I chatted to my optician and he selected the mid range of the varifocals for use in my headset. Works fine.

2 Likes

I don’t use reading glasses, but for screen work and driving I have one pair of glasses. I used that prescription for my VR lenses. Worth every penny, even if it’s only -1.5 and -1

1 Like

The focal point in the current generation of VR is fixed and usually set to 2 metres / 6 foot. I think people usually base their prescriptions off that?

2 Likes

I was wondering about that. That’s very helpful!

1 Like

I’ve noticed that with the IL2 menu as well! But at the same time the Spitfire cockpit feels a little big (the FC stuff seems about right though)…

1 Like

Well I have good news, I should be geting my G2 Cable in tomorrows mail. I am hoping this solves the issue of the not plugged in dilemma and all works as it should…

Been having VR Withdrawla HAHA!!

3 Likes

Its a long hard wait, isn’t it :wink: I wish I could just order two cable sets as spares.

Did you guys find out what was wrong with the cable? Was it the contacts or did they break?

I keep getting a track Ir has unplugged in dcs, while flying with the G2, I have track Ir uninstalled and not physically plugged in :kissing_smiling_eyes:

I had to send the faulty product back, so never got to disect it.

1 Like

Have they fixed any of this? Addressed it in the later releases, if anyone’s heard.

That’s a new one for me. Maybe a DCS repair? No idea.

FWIW, I have very little issues with my G2 and DCS these days.

1 Like

That sounds familiar - in DCS Control settings I think there is a ‘Hotplug on/off’ toggle that helps with that. I’ll find a link later (on tiny phone)

1 Like

Well the Good news is the part came in as HP said it would. the Bad news it is not the right part… It seems they sent me the Dongle for the 7-14 error when it clearly stated in my case I had the 4-1 error… So I am back on the waiting list with no EDT this time as of yet…

And the other Good news if you have the 7-14 error on your G2 Heqadset PM ME I have the Dongle you need… as they told me yes it was the wrong part but I can keep it so I guess will pass my bad luck to get someomedy fixed up…

This Dongle is supposed to fix the 7-14 error ( I believe that is the correct error) with an AMD board…

May the 4th be with you.

4 Likes

I got 7-14 and sometimes 4-1 errors with my first reverb g2 , they send new one and it was same.
Finally after 1 month of waiting i got new cable → all works like dream.

Looks like there is lots of shitty cables with reverb g2’s , even now :frowning:

2 Likes

Outsourced to the lowest bidder…?

1 Like

That and the leads inside that cable are insanely thin. Like a hair’s width. They break quite easily.

1 Like