HP Reverb Redux

Question to all Reverb owners: does your HMD get detected normally after computer shutdown or reboot? It seems I have to always plug out and in the USB connector of Reverb to have it recognized by Mixed Reality Portal. There are no other issues and I have the newer revision of the HMD. This is small annoyance, but would be nice to get it sorted out.

Yes, I have similar problems, but oddly enough, it isnā€™t always the case. Iā€™ve had to disconnect the Reverb to get my computer to reboot properly. Fortunately for me, I have a short 2ā€™ HDMI extension that goes to the front of my computer that Iā€™m using since I take my Reverb on the road with me sometimesā€¦so instead of having to go around to the back of the computer Iā€™m able to quickly connect and disconnect it in the front.

1 Like

Thanks for reply. It is nice to know I am not alone with this. Again, this is very minor issue and I have seen it reported in HP support forum. I guess they have not found fix for it yet.

Iā€™ve got the same problem. Short term solution is to unplug the headset from the display adapter until needing it again. I like Beachā€™s work-around better though.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not had that. I wonder because I have more a more recent install of the HP Reverb drivers or something?

I can go find version numbers if we want to compare?

1 Like

I try to keep my system up to date with latest drivers, but it is possible we have differences. Or it could be differences in hardware like motherboard, USB. This remainded me to test other USB ports of there is any change.

I got two random issues sometimes:

• Error 1-4 when unplug / plug the USB sorts it out;
  • Reverb boots to 60hz irrespective of the WMR settings. I have to reboot.
1 Like

I have the 60hz issue also. You shouldnā€™t have to reboot to fix it though. Either replug the reverb USB or disable/re-enable it in Device Manager. It should come back at 90hz.

1 Like

I made one yesterday. Not my design. Perfect fit and looks promising :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™d be interested in knowing how that feels on your head once installed.

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: VR News: HP Reverb - Second Gen headsets are on the way

Looks like this one originated as @BeachAV8Rā€™s unwrapping party, so weā€™ll keep the other one open for news/updates etc.