I just had to have it

Holy crap I know where I’m doing all my Christmas shopping lol

1 Like

You ordered a map that won’t arrive for FIVE YEARS!?

…oh. Those must have been “two or three” real weeks, not Falcon weeks. Looks neat. Enjoy!

1 Like

YOU HAVE A THING FOR MAPS?! :heart:

I love maps too, there’s this cool book I want to get that has subway maps from around the world! Oh, and a WWII in maps one too! Man my list is big but I just got two new books… choices choices choices…

1 Like

You map lovers should read The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet.
It is an awesome book for everyone to read, but especially for map lovers.

1 Like

Not to open a new thread…

2 Likes

M U S T H A V E ! ! ! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

How will you mount it? I assume that it ships in a tube.

I asked if they could send it rolled in a tube, but they have a $15 flat shippingrate, which is quite impressive for a framed picture of this size.
So I went with that and it arrived yesterday! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Defiantly should post some pics when its up.

`It is up on the wall… I will get a better pic when I have unfolded the simbox again :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Got my planetags today. Picked them up on my way to the airport.

6 Likes

I know the B-17 is not cut from fortresses that could possibly fly, but it still hurts a little…

Then again, they usually throw it in a smelter, so this is much better to keep the memory alive of old aircraft!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m all with you there!

Edit: Actually, the B-17 tags are from the skin of the Collings Foundation “Nine-O-Nine” which had large parts of its wing skin removed due to storm damage.

And, how do I know it’s from the actual aircraft? There’s no proof, but then again I don’t think MotoArt would risk their reputation on a lie like that.

My B-17 part is 0,5-0,6mm thick and is blue/white(ish). Must be from a part with a USAF roundel…? The back is zinc chromate with a little corrosion in places.
The Boeing 767 “Gimli Glider” tag is 1,8mm thick and has a white, slightly scuffed, front, and a very even green protective coating on the back.
The B-52 tag has a dark grey front and has an uneven, slightly cracked protective coat, with some corrosion, on the back. 1,2mm thick.

1 Like

Those are common thicknesses for aircraft skin so that checks out. I hope they are sealed on the outside at least? Some of those chemicals used are not too friendly for human.

The protective coating of the 767 is probably primer?

I don’t believe they are… There’s a warning saying “Don’t put in mouth” though :wink:

The 767 is probably primer, yes.

Here’s a pic of the backs.

1 Like

Whimper

I waaaaant… :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s a proper warning :stuck_out_tongue:

To be honest, as long as you don’t rub it on your fingers daily and then eat something you should probably be fine!

1 Like

is there one for an F111?

You use your Aussie powers to get me time with a certain :jenneke: and send me a proper knife, I can get you pieces of an F-111F.

1 Like

They tried to make one, but their tools kept bouncing off the skin…

2 Likes