Il-2 BoX Screens

4 Likes

4 Likes

17 December 1944 0803

They kicked us out of our cots this morning like our lives depended on it. No breakfast and barely a cup of Joe during the briefing. The man with the stick said 1500 over and 1 mile, but it was more like 800 and 100. I lost my lead twice coming up through this crap. They’re out of their minds. I’m not even sure we know where we are going. Steer 090 for 40 miles, drop down through the soup, and look for Kraut tanks. Hundreds of them. That is if we don’t die getting there. OK, it could be worse. I could be in a foxhole.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Definitely agreeing! You need to work on those AAR skills through this if you wish to extend a bit more with this.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: DUMA Squadron IL-2

Everytime an engine goes out seems like my plane turns into a bullet magnet

1 Like

Screenshots from Monday night. We were flying P-40’s on CAP, where we found Germans flying 109’s, looking for trouble:

12 Likes

good times!

1 Like

What’s the trick a P-40 can use to deal with 109’s?

Land. Jump in a different plane. Get airborne, and take the fight to the enemy! Seriously though, you need to be on point with your deflection shooting, because your opportunities will be few and far between. Unless, of course your fighting the AI, in which case you simply turn em down to the dirt. But, teamwork is key, the AI doesn’t stand a chance against a human opponent, even with minimal effort.

1 Like

Heh, thanks! :smiley:

He-111 returning to base, well trying to. Missing a few parts here and there.

4 Likes

Energy fight only if you have an altitude advantage. Don’t turn and try to bug out if co E.

1 Like

dropping off some supplies to the troops.

4 Likes

Some Achtung Jabos! mission two screens.

Breakthrough
1:Location: A 84, Chievres Belgium, December 18, 1944, 11:00 Hours

Call Sign: Eagle 2

Briefing: The first reconnaissance mission this morning was forced to return without dropping ordnance due to bad visibility over the target area, where German tanks are still being reported. The IX Tactical Air Command has called and insisted that we get a flight out that way, or the tanks will be through our lines in no time with nothing but cooks and clerks between us and them. We will do our best not to let them down.

Weather: As you all can see, the weather is terrible with a solid overcast below one thousand feet. It’s not snowing now, but the ceiling is dangerously low.

Navigation: After takeoff, climb above the overcast to join up in formation. Heading to target area is 90 degrees due east for 40 miles. It is in the same area where we encountered enemy traffic yesterday.

Armament:
8 M2 .50 cal Machine Guns
Two 500 lb. HE bombs

Same crappy weather, different day :frowning:

We’re off to save the cooks!

Trying to stay with lead in the target area with 500 foot ceilings is not easy when he is jinking all over the place.

His bombs come off his Jug with me in trail and I have about a second to line up on a bridge and pickle. We have set 3 second delays but I don’t see or hear them go off. A few more jinks and he is climbing up through the soup. I lose him, so cheat left a little and fly blind for a couple of minutes until I break out, He is about a mile to the North with 3 and 4 in trail. How did they do that?

About 5 minutes later we get jumped by some 190s. I bag one who is skimming along the top of the scud.

When I join up after the fight, I see that our fearless leader is trailing something.

I get little closer to do a battle damage check, but it doesn’t look bad. Only about 30 miles left to RTB and he makes it.

It’s nice to be RTB.

The boys have lit some smudge pots for us. I didn’t notice them when we were leaving.

So, I must have shacked a medium tank on the bridge to go along with the 190. Sweet!

13 Likes

OK, this is getting weird. Anyone know if the Soviets had their own secret rocket program in WW2? :grin:

5 Likes

Easter…egg…? :hatching_chick: :wink:
Remember the christmastree?

2 Likes

Pretty neat. :slight_smile:

Wheels

1 Like

Yuri flew to Vostok on April 12. Guessing that.

2 Likes