IL-2 Great Battles Screenshots [2022]

It’s the only paint job to have on a ww2 fighter :grinning:

4 Likes

Yes I was surprised as I panned in external view and saw that killer look lol

The P39 is an odd looking aircraft, so you gotta love it! I enjoy flying it, cool sound fx

1 Like

What the hey, Tell me we aren’t gonna fly into that!!!

Survived the cloud only to botch the landing…

Safe at Home at last.

First and only time I ever had a plane I bailed out of have a soft landing while playing Great battles.

Even more amazing to me was that it happened during an online session.

Wheels

7 Likes

Shark mouth!

Not shark mouth!

8 Likes

C-47 Moon

Wheels

5 Likes

I think that I can faintly hear, “Gory, gory, what a hell of a way to die…”

3 Likes

On the way to cause chaos with the German railway network.

13 Likes

I folded and bought BoS in the steam sale.

Thanks mainly to @tempusmurphy egging me on :rofl:

Yes. Its pretty cool. Havent tried it for long, no tanks or VR yet, but i like it. Hate the no clicky cockpits but only because i dont like remembering buttons. But ill get used to it.

Its good fun…i like the Lagg 3…

5 Likes

It’s so good :salute: now get flying circus and try it in VR.

You know, you could just ask a random dude in the pub to punch you in the nuts if it’s pain you want, you masochist :wink:

6 Likes

Yeah. Sometimes before calling it a day and going to bed I feel like having one last blast. When I fire up Flying Circus in VR, I am hitting bed pretty late at night for sure :vr:

6 Likes

For my money, Flying Circus is where it’s at for this sim. Simple planes, so I’ve got ample axis and buttons available (even with the game not recognising most of the buttons on my Orion throttle when used without the “split device” mode), and really good visuals and VR performance.

The Camel is a blast, and I love how the Spad flies but you really understand how difficult it was to see anything out of that plane!

5 Likes

The Camel seems to hate me, just like all real camels I’ve ever encountered.

The Spad is pretty sweet though. In VR you can just kinda stand up to see! :rofl:

5 Likes

good move. BoS and all the other sequels are our favourite pass time on friday nights with my squad mate Otto (maybe you remember I invited him once or twice to join Fight Club; he recently uninstalled DCS in favour of MSFS but thats another story … :slight_smile: ).

what I really like about BoX is survey-sim nature of it and the performance. really easy to enjoy.

Lagg3 is plane of the heroes :red_star: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The Camel owns me as well. I’ve much enjoyed the S.E.5 though, which might be stating the obvious.

3 Likes

3 views of the same attack.

Mine (External view)

The A-20 I was attempting to Intercept, but never knew was in the area.

The P-40 that was taking off while I was attacking the airfield.

While it doesn’t look that way from the screenshots the AAA at the airfield was nothing to trifle with so it was one pass and GO!

And what about that P-40 that was taking off???

Wheels

7 Likes

Wheels, is that the Crimean map? How did you get those textures in there like that? Modded I’m guessing?

Yep. enable through the JSGMe.
Kuban Autumn Nth Africa Desert Beta upload - Updated version to 7. 11-06-2022

More P-40 screenshots. I closed to about 239 feet or 76 yards before I opened fire. (These screenshots are from a track. There were no icons enabled when I was flying the mission.

External view.

Once again I was a Lone Wolf during this sortie so I did not stick around to see if anyone else was in the area. I was really concerned I was being led into a drag and bag situation so once I knew he was going down I was gone, gone, gone.

Wheels

5 Likes

is it just me … or does this new plane look liken the love child of a fw190 and a corsair :laughing:

Dear Friends,

Today we’ll tell you about one of the Collector Planes in development - IAR-80/81. Both kinds of this Romanian aircraft will be available in our sim: the ‘short’ model with short fuselage and wings and the ‘long’ one (that’s right - with long fuselage and wings). At the moment, the work on the first model has progressed well and the second one will be developed relatively fast after finishing the first. This fighter/bomber was designed under the lead of Ion Grosu and took off for the first time in 1939. In 1940 the aircraft went into mass production and later was updated many times, resulting in many modifications. Most of them will be available in Great Battles:

“Short version”
I.A.R.80-A serie 106-150 : fighter armed with six 7.92mm FN Browning MGs firing German rounds (base model).
I.A.R.80-B series 181-200 : fighter armed with four 7.92mm and two 13.2mm FN Browning MGs firing 13.2mm Hotchkiss rounds.
I.A.R.80-M : fighter armed with two 7.92mm FN Browning MGs and two 20mm MG-151/20 German guns.
I.A.R.81 series 151-175 : fighter/bomber armed with six 7.92mm FN Browning MGs and capable to deliver up to three bombs with up to 400 kg total weight. The underbelly bomb mount had a special parallelogram mechanism for dive bombing that prevented a released bomb from hitting the propeller. In addition, the flaps on this dive bomber modification had larger angle range, serving as ad-hoc air brakes.

“Long version”
I.A.R.80-B series 212-230 : fighter armed with four 7.92mm and two 13.2mm FN Browning MGs firing 13.2mm Hotchkiss rounds (base model).
I.A.R.80-C series 251-290 : fighter armed with four 7.92mm FN Browning MGs and two 20mm MG-FF Ikaria guns.
I.A.R.81-C series 301-450 : fighter/bomber armed two 7.92mm FN Browning MGs and two 20mm MG-151/20 German guns and capable to deliver up to three bombs.

8 Likes

That dresses up like a Spitfire. :wink:

Looks good though!

4 Likes

Sea fury crossed with a p40c i reckon

3 Likes