I'm looking for a tank game with excellent quality graphics

Good afternoon friends
I’m looking for a tank game with excellent quality graphics for single player me against the computer
I need recommendations for such game names please

2 Likes

Gunner Heat PC would be my recommendation.
Arma 3, while not a pure tank sim, can do a pretty good job and the graphics are pretty.

3 Likes

Well… the best, most realistic, most versatile, and most expensive is Steel Beasts Pro PE. Only recommended for the die hard.

Gunner, HEAT, PC is the second choice… not sim, but not arcade either… and good in between and awesome graphics and effects, gameplay and full battle is weak.

Thats about it, everything else is too arcade for me…

IMO

AND Welcome.

2 Likes

Yeah @WarPig suggestions are spot on.

Can you tell us a bit what sort of difficulty/sim level you prefer?

would agree with the three suggestions above …
Steelbeasts Pro PE … fantastic but pricey …
Gunner Heat PC … again fantastic, but in early access with a lot of features still to come
Arma 3 … still fantastic, but more of an infantry sim with tanks and other vehicles added in

1 Like

Everyone above speaks the truth.

As a former Leopard crewman IRL ( Australian Army) and based on your “excellent quality graphics” requirement then it has to be Gunner Heat PC.

If that floats your boat then have a look at Steel Beasts, but it is expensive, graphics aren’t as good as GHPC, you to need play multiplayer to get the most out of it and it isn’t really for the ‘casual’ gamer (which is why real tank crews use it for training). Plus, I think with the voice acting GHPC does a better job of evoking the intensity and frantic nature of tank warfare - Just wait until your Crew Commander starts yelling :wink:

And welcome to Mudspike.

3 Likes

One thing I really like about Arma 3 as a tank game is the ability (requirement?) to do things outside of the tank such as scout on foot, interact with infantry, and ‘maintenance’ at least as far as repairs go. Not that IRL the tank commander’s really going to grab his toolkit and restore the tank’s health from 50% to 80%, but say one loses a road wheel or track…

In other words, the scope of the game doesn’t stop at the crew compartment of the tank.

I feel like having the total battlefield “I am a meat popsicle inside an MBT” instead of “I am an MBT” is an important aspect that sets it apart from the rest.

Not so important for a combat flight sim, but maybe important for an armor sim/game.

Agreed! I love this about GHPC.

3 Likes

I have several questions about the game Gunner, HEAT, PC
Question 1. Is it possible to play with tanks in the game?
Question 2. Is it possible to play single player me against the computer?
Question 3. Are there Israeli tanks in the game?
Question 4. How are the graphics in the game?
I would appreciate answers please
I’m waiting…

Hi @norman

Question 1. Is it possible to play with tanks in the game? - Yes
Question 2. Is it possible to play single player me against the computer? - Yes
Question 3. Are there Israeli tanks in the game? - No
Question 4. How are the graphics in the game? - Very good

We have an entire thread dedicated to GHPC. It will provide more detail to those those answers and more.

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/new-tank-sim-gunner-heat-pc/13950/1

If you’re in a great hurry for info, you can always Google the title of the game and find lots of information on the games steam page. Lots of good YouTube videos as well. :grinning:

4 Likes

There’s also IL-2 Tank Crew, if you don’t mind world war 2 instead of cold-war or modern settings.

Advantages are the beautiful and animated internals. Naturally, you won’t find any real Israeli tanks in this game but Israel operated some Shermans just like the one you can operate in the game.

4 Likes

I forgot about that too. I still want to try that out in VR.

I wish we had a VTOL VR style tank game. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

A VR remake of BattleZone would be awesome :+1:

4 Likes

Oh my god. Nail on the head. You heard it here first folks. Harry thought of it first.

One of the all time great games of my childhood. Hard as bloody nails but what a game. What an experience

4 Likes

Tank crew is fun for a bit but I found the myriad of key-combos to be game killers, at least in VR. I can see the damn control on my screen. Just let me click it!

Agreed on BattleZone. That would be a hoot!

3 Likes

This one looks like it might be something to keep an eye on

Can’t say I’m too interested in the ‘repairing’ part of the game but looks like it might scratch a certain Panzer Elite itch if you had one. Demo coming up in June so should have a decent idea of what it’s like soon.

3 Likes

why I have always feeling that these kind of threads comes from bots !?

arnold schwarzenegger terminator GIF

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, I had the exact same thought, but didn’t want to be rude.

@norman please don’t take this the wrong way, but are you an AI?

3 Likes

I thought it as well but it seemed rude to ask a new member that question.

I suppose this could be the new normal however.

2 Likes

Yes same here! Question #1 of his second post raised an eyebrow, but then I thought maybe it’s a translation/misunderstanding thing? I guess there really isn’t a non-rude way to ask someone whether they’re a robot or not.

2 Likes