Insurgency Fri. & DoI Sat. Nights | Mudspike Ground Ops

Really fun Insurgency and DOI sessions this weekend. See you guys next time!

1 Like

‘twas the night before Christmas Eve (IFF Dec 23rd)

and I guarantee you’ll be stirring in your simulated cockpit of choice! Better get out that Allen key and tighten up those armrests! (I have to do this quarterly … is that weird?)

I’m adding the following eight maps to the server’s rotation …

Panama Canal: Steam Workshop::Panama Canal
Chateau Tunnels: Steam Workshop::Chateau Tunnels 2.0
Badlands: Steam Workshop::badlands_b1
Osama: Steam Workshop::osama_b2_checkpoint
Khanashin: Steam Workshop::khanashin_b8
Khanashin Night: Steam Workshop::khanashin_b8_night
Crossbow: Steam Workshop::crossbow
The Burbs: Steam Workshop::the_burbs_coop

If you don’t subscribe to them now, you’ll be snoozing at pre mission download.

TeamSpeak Channel: teamspeak.mudspike.com … 9PM EST

Cheers

1 Like

Nice map shakedown this Christmas Eve Eve guys!

I think I’ll drop “The Burbs” and “Osama” … just meh.

“Badlands” is a definite keeper since it’s a great looking wide open map and we haven’t beaten it yet.

“Crossbow” was a pretty interesting amalgamation of maps we were already used to with some nice updated spaces. I think I’ll keep it for now.

“Chateau Tunnels” … I think we had the most fun on this crazy ass map! :smiley: Keep it or ditch it?

Still looking forward to trying out Panama Canal (which was at the top of my list) and the Khanashin’s …

Sorry I dropped out at the last second, computer had an issue and had to totally restart. Really enjoyed the new levels though.

Any day of Infamy in the offing tonight? A long shot on Christmas Eve, but just asking.

It looks like we’ll be having a special session of Day of Infamy tonight 12/29 at 9PM. Anybody that has it is welcome to join.

1 Like

I’ll be there tonight.

End of year Insurgency and Day of Infamy BLOWOUT!

There will be no ceasefire here this Dec 30 and 31 @ 2100 EST. :smiley:

“Insurgency Friday Fights” will be in full effect with two new maps to explore … Panama Canal & Khanashin.

Feeling antisocial this New Year’s Eve Saturday? Join your online shooting buddies for some “New Year’s Eve of Infamy”! :slight_smile: We’ve got a few new Day of Infamy maps to explore as well … Saint-Lo, Astonia and Salerno.

Join us on the Mudspike TeamSpeak channel and we’ll fill you in on the deets.

The new St. Lo and Astonia maps are pretty cool. Join us this evening. Linebacker might be springing for the champagne.

Hello. Time for the weekly reminder. :smile:

Insurgency tonight at 9PM Eastern. Join us on Teamspeak.

Not sure if I’ll make it tonight, but if I am around, I’ll definitely be on.

Might be in. Tried Insurgency after joining up for the Day of Infamy night over the holidays - found it ridiculously chaotic. Hoping it was just because I joined with a bunch of pubbers. Maybe it was the mode.

Anyway, if I have time I might be around. That or Elite. Will try to be there for Day of Infamy Saturday though if that’s on tomorrow.

Hopefully you guys can join us. :slight_smile:

We play coop (checkpoint) and communicate on TS, so hopefully it’s less chaotic.

I’ve heard you can practice the maps with bots by yourself in Insurgency. True?

I’m looking forward to play tonight.

PFunk, I presume it’s possible, but I have no idea how it’s done.

The training is pretty good and offline. I think they took away some bot commands, but I believe in the console you can do something like this:

map <mapname> <mode> 

ins_bot_quota <x>

…on a server you run privately.

More info here:

EDIT: Forget all that, old info - there seems to be nice ‘Solo’ menu option now which does all that. Seems to work ok with teams of bots

Mind you, they don’t seem that bright :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Grabbed it. Figured for $10, it can’t be that big of a mistake. I’ll play around with it, get acclimated to the maps.

Great time tonight. Thanks guys. Looking forward to day of infamy tomorrow.

Both the Insurgency and Day of Infamy servers have been configured to allow 16 players.

For Day of Infamy, I’d like to try running without friendly AI support tonight.

There was also a Jan 6th update to DoI.

See ya in the field!

1 Like

I’ll be joining in. I’m on discord if you guys get there early-ish. Just poke me and I’ll pop over.