Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

I would like to have one of these as my next HOTAS - but I have a question about the material the grip is made from.

It looks like the grip itself is a kind of plastic, but is it hard plastic or is it that rubbery textured stuff?

The kind I mean is hard but has a rubber-like textured surface. The Oculus Touch has this kind of plastic on it, so does the Saitek X-55 and -56.

I’m allergic to that kind of plastic (I have an X-56 and have to wear cotton gloves to use it, and when I use Touch).

Very cool. It appears that the Russian Falcons are on a slightly different training regimen than the Blue Angels. :slight_smile:

Nice looking kit. Eagerly awaiting reviews.

2 Likes

Hi Brix,

The grip is made from a hard-touch plastic, not a rubber like texture!

1 Like

I like the female falcon, though.

Btw: what’s strapped in front of the headset. Some kind of AR camera?

:wink:

It’s a Leap Motion, provides some hand tracking within the sim.

1 Like

Thanks

3rd August 2017 // Announcement No. 19
►VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick & Base Pre-orders Shipping Now!

After much anticipation, and tireless around-the-clock work from every member of the VPC team, we are pleased to announce that the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick and Base pre-orders are shipping as of today!

To recap, the delays were caused after some tolerance issues had been discovered by our QA team after the first batch of pre-orders were dispatched a number of weeks ago. While the VPC MongoosT-50 was still a great Flighstick in this state, we ultimately decided to recall these units to ensure that our pre-order customers receive nothing else except the latest and greatest revision of the VPC MongoosT-50.

The last couple of weeks our designers and QA team have worked very closely with our partner factories to resolve these issues. The hard word has paid off as we now have in our hands, a version of the VPC MongoosT-50 Base which is even better than originally designed!

As mentioned in our previous announcements, we are offering a number of perks to our pre-order customers for the delays. All orders for the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick and VPC MongoosT-50 Base placed before July 21st 2017 will be counted as a pre-order. The perks offered will include:

• Free VPC Dust Cover
  • 10% Coupon Code for www.virpil.by
  • Special Pricing on the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle and VPC Stealth Rudders

We will be dispatching orders at a rate that will see the huge amount of pre-orders fulfilled within 5-8 working days. Shipping notifications will be emailed at the end of the day which will including an EMS Express shipping number. Please keep an eye on your spam folder just in case!

Thank you everyone for your patience, the supportive messages from many of you have been great! We have learnt a lot from everyone’s input on how we can better handle our future product releases.

See you all in the skies soon!

1 Like

Unfortunately, the full set-up is going to be too expensive for my meagre pension. I was considering buying the grip and fitting it to my VKB Gladiator base, probably using a BU0836 board to connect everything up to USB.

Do you see any glaring issues with doing that? I appreciate you can’t give a difinitive answer, but in theory, would it be feasible to put the Mongoose grip on an alternative base shaft and use a USB controller interface to connect it up?

Hi Brix,

That’s a pretty specific question which unfortunately I can’t provide an answer to myself, however if you send this over to [email protected], our electronics engineer will be able to give a better insight!

1 Like

In preparation of people receiving their VPC MongoosT-50 Flightsticks, I’ve made up some button map templates so everyone can get started on their profiles! :thumbup:

6 Likes

Thanks virpil, it’s actually looking likely I can buy the stick with the base now, so hopefully will all be okay, anyway.

It is a little expensive, but when I think of how good it will be and how much I use a HOTAS, as well as how much I have spent on them over the last few years, it makes more sense to buy this and be happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

@vpc_virpil. Still waiting for your full hotas offerings (throttle and stick.)

People are now laughing at my air to air refueling attempts and a new stick and throttle will fix that…

Yeah thats right, my poor performance is all down to my old stick… :confounded: you know its true

4 Likes

Hi guys,

People have started to receive their VPC MongoosT-50 Bases now! Here is a quick start guide to help out!

VPC MongoosT-50 Base - Quick Start Guide

1 Like

Nice quick start guide!

At what distance from the center of the axis is the max force of 3,5kg measured from?

Really looking forward to my base! :slight_smile:

How much is it? I am very impressed.

Around $340.

https://virpil.by/en/

Thanks Troll. BTW, Sweden was lovely in July…

The swedish summer is the best day of the year…! :wink:

1 Like

21st August 2017 // Announcement No. 21
► The First in Space!

From the 22nd to the 27th of August, the international Military-Technical Forum “Army-2017” will be held at the Patriot ExpoCenter, Alabino Testing Grounds and the Kubinka Aerodrome.

Along with displays of military, rocket and space technology and their latest developments, visitors to the ROSKOSMOS exhibition at pavilion A will be able to experience the latest Virage-VR 1.0 demo stand. Developed using the federal Digital Earth project framework, by the Russian Space Systems holding company “Constanta Design” with the participation of the VIRPIL Controls team.

"Digital Earth” will form the basis of a whole family of new geo-informational services, aimed at a wide range of consumers. The planet modelling will be accurate all the way down to 1m, with periodic updating according to remote sensing data of the Earth.

Thanks to the VPC MongoosT-50 dual-flightstick control system (Standard and Left Hand), popular among many space-sim enthusiasts, fixed with the VPC Desk Mounts, you can make a virtual flight over the Black Sea coast, rise above the Earth to a height of 200 thousand kilometers and accelerate to half the speed of light and explore the cosmos with unparalleled levels of control and precision.

Stay tuned for future VPC updates.

3 Likes

►VIRPIL Controls on Amazon!

VIRPIL Controls have been working hard to improve and expand every aspect of the company and subsequently the overall experience delivered to our customers. We’ve noted every request, suggestion and comment made to us over this year and one that has came up time and time again is about additional distribution centers in the EU.

We are very pleased to announce that we now have a distribution center located within the EU!

We are also very excited to announce that sales from our EU distribution center will initially be handled exclusively by the official VIRPIL Controls Amazon storefront. In addition to this, we will also be launching our own EU store website to run alongside this in the future.

The benefits of this are;

• Prices now include VAT
  • Faster shipping
  • Quick and painless ordering process via Amazon

We are currently in the process of stocking our EU distribution center and sales will open on Amazon, 18th September 2017!

Stay tuned for further updates!

6 Likes