KMUD - Mudspike Flight Test Air/Sea/Space Port progress

Fair enough!

I have to say though, that X-aviation package really does improve things. Wow.

When you get all that working and distributable (why is this thing telling me that`s not a word?) you should get it working with Air Hauler in xplane 10. You managed to get that working right?

Could set this up as the home base for the virtual company :smiley:

1 Like

I did get Air Hauler working in X-Plane. And I love itā€¦and need to get back to itā€¦and write up a little review on how it works in X-Plane. I made my base P20 in Arizona (because rent was cheap - I just now opened AH and see I had to pay $4072 in rent).

Definitely got to get back into it. (And EPOCHā€¦oh manā€¦I need 36 hours in a day!)

This is my little Cessna 152 Iā€™m using in Air Hauler to haul goods around Arizona (only a couple hundred pounds at a timeā€¦LOLā€¦and no autopilot!)ā€¦ That is my home base of P20 in the backgroundā€¦

So does air hauler actually work? The reviews for it on the steam workshop are past unkind and straight into evisceration.

Please Sir. Inquiring minds need to know.

Well, there are (as far as I know) - three versions of Air Hauler:

Air Hauler 1 and 2 for FSX
Air Hauler for X-Plane

Air Hauler for X-Plane was written for X-Plane 9.x - but will work in 10.x with a little bit of updating files. I canā€™t offhand remember what I didā€¦but when I write up a blurb on it, Iā€™ll dig it up. It works 95% of the wayā€¦but some things like calling up weather from within Air Hauler donā€™t seem to work in 10.x (but that is OK since you have the weather from X-Plane and/or your browser to look at METARs and TAFs). Iā€™m sure there are other parts that donā€™t work that wellā€¦but Iā€™ve only scratched the surface of it.

Intriguing. Iā€™ll have to see if I can find it for cheap somewhere.

Not a fan of FS Economy then?

Their website did a little too much to sell it.

The basic concept of FSEconomy is that players use aircraft to move virtual passengers or cargo. Players can own their own aircraft, or rent them from other players or from ā€œthe systemā€. Players must be aware of their aircraftā€™s capabilities and fuel levels so that they can carry the cargo selected, or to not become stranded at an airport without fuel. There are many expenses associated with every flight - rental charges, fuel costs, etc.; as well as income from the virtual passengers or cargo. The goal is to make more income than associated operating expenses.

Iā€™m looking for an excuse to fly my planes from point A to a tbd point B, not a second day job.

Haha, fair enough, I quite like the whole planning a few routes ahead, thinking of the costs of flying and how much I can make!

1 Like

Some of the changes to fseconomy have been silly.

Also most of the spots are already taken.

This is taking some workā€¦

Closed runways are a terrible thing.

Some progress tonight. LOLā€¦this represents hours of workā€¦which is hilarious. Still no way to get the arresting cables workingā€¦and no IFLOLS as yet, but I have a request out to another scenery maker that has a nice IFLOLS on a ship to see if I can get it detached so I can mount it on a trailer. LOLā€¦

And noā€¦the AlphaJet isnā€™t really a carrier capable aircraftā€¦but fun for bounce and gosā€¦

BeachAV8R

2 Likes

So now Iā€™m in a pickle.

I find the X-plane flight model far superior to FSX, and their handling of carrier ops is shockingly better. The LSO actually Signals, the trap actually feels smooth, and I can read the FLOLS (Even if the wires are too far back).

Now Iā€™m just stuck with the small issue of nobody in the X-Plane community apparently knows how to make a decent combat aircraft. Iā€™m not talking about bombing stuff, just a decent cockpit model and accurate flight model.

Sigh.

Guess Iā€™ll go play with my Beaver while waiting for DCS.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦X-Plane is predominantly a civil aviation sim. There are some good fighters with good cockpits and flight models:

Khamsin P-51: http://store.x-plane.org/P51-D-Mustang_p_479.html

Khamsin T-28: http://store.x-plane.org/T28-C-Trojan-Carrier-Edition_p_130.html

The AMX is pretty good (starting to look dated) but a great flight model: http://store.x-plane.org/AMX-International-Fighter-Advanced-Simulation_p_79.html

The T-34C is good: T34C Mentor-JRollon-T34C

Not sure about any of the fighter jets on offer.

On and the freeware Zero is excellent: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/27748-mitsubishi-zero-a6m21/

2 Likes

Which is fair, and Iā€™m enjoying the civil aircraft aside from having no Idea what Iā€™m doing.

But why does it have to torment me with carriers?! :cry:

1 Like

Poor poor Near Blindā€¦ I do feel for you.

1 Like