Le Mans Ultimate

June update released. Was about a 4.5 GB download for me

BMW Hypercar (go to the DLC page and click Download)
Added 2024 liveries for most cars
Replay controls much improved
Lots of quality of life improvements

3 Likes

Great. I need to drag my butt out of the Phantom and into a race car this week. :laughing: Glad to see the 2024 liveries, replay improvements, and other changes.

2 Likes

Yeah full replay control with interface. fast forward, rewind, slow mo, pause, etc… different camera angles. telemetry and timing overlay included.

2 Likes

Question Are any of You Guys using The VR work around? If so…Is it worth it? :face_with_monocle:

I’ve only driven maybe 3 or 4 times for a total of 20-30 minutes in VR. I have an HP G2. For it being “unsupported”, at the moment, it runs pretty good. The 3D cockpit is very cool especially the Prototypes.
I think your mileage will vary with GPU, in-game settings, HMD resolution. I think the devs are getting closer to VR implementation as they continue to optimize the game and graphics.

3 Likes

This is from 4 June. A look ahead/mini roadmap for Le Mans Ultimate. The future looks great for this sim

DLC, 2024 content, Season Pass

• The first of the 2024 paid DLC packs is expected to go on sale next month and will include Imola (Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola) and further content to be announced closer to release.

• The 2024 content will be spilt across four individual packs, including the July drop, and will also be offered as a 2024 Season Pass bundling all paid content at a discounted rate. In total, it will include a further four Hypercars, four new circuits and seven GT3 cars.

• The 2024 content will be spilt across four individual packs, including the July drop, and will also be offered as a 2024 Season Pass bundling all paid content at a discounted rate. In total, it will include a further four Hypercars, four new circuits and seven GT3 cars.

• Wondering why only seven GT3 cars when there are nine currently on the FIA WEC grid? We’re gifting two free GT3 cars to all Early Access players, so everyone can experience the latest category in the championship. We’ll also be updating the LMP2 cars with the liveries from the 2024 24 Hours of Le Mans – however, both the first GT3 cars and the liveries are not expected to be available until right at the end of the year as before then we’ll be completing the mouth-watering Hypercar grid with the new manufacturers.

• Regardless of whether or not you purchase any 2024 packs, you’ll be able to race against the 2024 grid in Le Mans Ultimate. Further information on pricing for individual packs, content and the discounted Season Pass will be made available ahead of the first release.

3 Likes

Here are some LMU pro tips. Just like DCS, after every update, verify the files on Steam (equivalent to DCS Repair) and clear the shaders. If you have been experiencing lower fps, stuttering or CTDs, clearing the cache has done wonders for many.

Verify the integrity of the files after you update. Right click on Le Mans Ultimate in your Steam Collection and select Properties. This menu will pop up

Select Verify integrity of game files. It will run a quick scan of the files and automatically download the files to fix any corrupt files.

Clearing the cache

Go to:
\Steam\steamapps\common\Le Mans Ultimate\UserData\Log\Shaders\dynamic.cache (delete the file)
Then launch the game.

Just like DCS, the first load into a race weekend will be slow as it recompiles the shaders. Once in, exit back to desktop and relaunch. Subsequent loads should be quicker.

2 Likes

Ok, one more quick PSA. :upside_down_face: I think we’re getting close to co-op driver swap racing. There are 3 new Steam achievements that specifically address co-op/shared driving.

2 weeks!

2 Likes

Oh that’s a huge thing!

1 Like