Leatherneck F4U-1D Corsair

Hello my fellow flight enthusiasts,
Every once in a while a video comes along that must be shared. I think this is informative, well spoken and to the point.
Im sure most of you know why im posting this here. Just in case ill point out that the R-2800 in the Jug shares a lot in common w the Corsair’s engine. Only the lack of Turbocharging in the Corsair is the difference. Since you only use Turbo on the Jug at high alt, this video will be a great introduction to managing the P&W engine. Enjoy!

8 Likes

I recently started flying the P-47 again and this video will help me out tremendously. I’m curious as to when each of the oil, intercooler and cowl flaps are used. I read over Chuck’s great guide as well, so this will go along with that.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Im happy this helped. It was too good to keep to myself. Open cowl flaps for the Cylinder head temp. Keep them below 260C. Open the intercooler doors for the Carb air temp. Keep it below 50 and dont let it freeze up high. The one i play w the most is the oil cooler. Oil temp is at top of the triple gauge. Second most fiddleing is w the Cowl Flaps… Down low you can leave the intercooler in neutral but up high or above military power keep checking it.

4 Likes

This was a year ago… Back then release was CLOSE :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

From FB :eyes: :eyes:
:carpentry_saw: The framework is now comfortably supporting the skin! Our artist will now begin adjusting the bullet holes, fabric tears, and skin shearing to accommodate the soon-to-be destroyed framework. :pick:**

7 Likes

As everybody who has ever made anything that requires detailed finishing, the last 5% of the work take up 80% of time in your plans, and end up taking 160% :wink:

13 Likes

:point_up_2:

2 Likes

Can confirm with model kits.

2 Likes

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/13z8pdy/new_dcs_f4u1d_corsair_images_shared_by_magnitude_3/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1

2 Likes

Dream, dream, dream…
Whos on first? Corsair or La-7?

4 Likes

I am a bit of a sucker for big radials… Either will suit me until we get the Spad :wink:

3 Likes

There’s room for all of them in my hangar. Being virtual, space is quite cheap in it :wink:

9 Likes

NEWS!

7 Likes

That burn tho

Whistling Death always held a special place in my heart. I had a die-cast model and remember watching Baa Baa Back Sheep as a kid. I also enjoyed it in Aces of the Pacific and will admit that I have secretly been hoping that 1C releases a Pacific theater and features it. :grin:

3 Likes

Please excuse The Annoying Music

Too funny!

Two weeks Hell! That looks 10 days away or less !!!

6 Likes

It damn near feathers. I wonder why.

1 Like