Leatherneck F4U-1D Corsair

There hardly is any. Dont think of it as a whole. The modules, those are the units ED thinks in.

3 Likes

Wait, didn’t ED say they are working at two versions of the map? WWII and modern?

1 Like

And the 109 is getting underwing cannons. Pigs will fly first.

You should! Il2 team has a plan when it comes to producing maps and aircraft and in the end is offering pretty well rounded experience.

At the moment, they run sales that can get you started only for few bucks :wink:

One word of caution though: I would not hold my breath for Pacific in the Il2 franchise. They are keeping some hopes up but are playing it down at the same time :roll_eyes:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/57896-jasons-briefing-room-and-officers-club/?do=findComment&comment=887054

1 Like

[quote=“Maico, post:146, topic:7756”]Pigs will fly first.
[/quote]

Well DCS does have a couple versions the A-10 already. :upside_down_face:

Wheels

5 Likes

LMAO! :rofl:

@Maico I agree with the others, Il2 is a far better ww2 experience. Their damage models and arguably their AI far surpass DCS’ and they have more of a game built up around it. The one big thing I miss in Il2 is clickable pits. My PointCTRL magic interface thingy is useless in il2 :frowning:

3 Likes

I may be old and tell the same story over and over, but didn’t y’all do the same exact thing about playing IL-2 for WW2 in the P-47 thread to the same exact person.

3 Likes

Honestly 9 months isn’t enough to get it from announcements and drawings to release - for example, Tomcat took longer. The problem is all the modules that never made it from dev to release (and don’t get me started on Hawk).

The guys are giving you good advice - IL2:Great Battles is a much more rounded experience. Personally I can’t stand seeing the switch I want to flip but not being able to without remembering a keybind, but that’s just my personal hangups. It’s a good sim. But I’ll hang out for Corsair in DCS, the way it works is the way I like to play…

That is so me.

1 Like

I completely agree with this. I spent a lot of time in the FC3 planes at first but once i got my first proper plane it was like a light bulb moment for me. The harrier. Glorious

3 Likes

They gave us a Fishbed
The dash was green
Then it turned red
Reviews were so alarming
The darn thing was charming
It gave so much joy to my head

They did us a Viggen
It was such a winner
And we marbled at the toys
That gave us such joys
Then we danced on the tarmac
With thrust that went backward
They nailed it this time oh boy!

Then came the Kitty
The Tomcat you silly
It sizzles with dual jets
You heard about this one I bet
It once stared on the set
We drool and we’re dazzled
Its King of the Castle
And maybe the best on yet

Two Springs and two Summers
They made a big fair
They promised us a big bird
They once called the Corsair
Yet Summer has gone
The leaves are on the deck
And still there’s no sign
Of those damn Leathernecks

10 Likes

What is it about being online that makes people write poetry?

1 Like

I read it as a rap song!

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/9gndmwG2NCc

https://youtu.be/hqIbEHNqbPs

7 Likes

Take my Eyes! Just dont call me a wrapper… Look, I cant even say it right.

Leatherneck FB

Mk.5 Mod.3 rocket launchers and Mk.28 Mod.4 HVAR rear detail.

Mk.28 Mod.4 HVAR

Mk.149 Mod.0 fuze cap and arming wire detail before launch.

Mk.149 Mod.0 fuze after launch.

Mk.2 Mod.2 igniter cable before launch.

Mk.2 Mod.2 after launch.

11 Likes

Brewster designed, U.S. built center mounted pylon, with the Mk.51 Mod 7 bomb rack.

14 Likes

6 Likes

Sweet my favourite ground attack plane from IL2 Pacific fighters
Is it due soon, like for the Mariana’s

2 Likes