Metrea ...The future of Simulation?

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:
Looks pretty!!!

3 Likes

Possibly just for defense contractor stuff only - not seeing any hints of this being consumery?

The use of the Unreal Engine is smart - you get a huge leg up in abilities, and the days of the generic platforms not working just right for sims is probably in the past.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Meta was not also the new company name of facebook? :smiley:
Second, Unreal Engine, sadly its too much overhyped. Its only good in tech demos, because in reality it is very poorly optimized and had many issues in shadows popups in middle distances. All UR4 games when you run fast (like a driving car) close to the ground you always have a circle boundary around you where in is shadowed and out no shadows at all. Like for example in a lengthy tunnel after a certain distance you have the tunnel globally iluminated.
About video or you have stationary (without moving forward) short distances or very very far away., so if it is UR4 it not shows their disgusting issues.

1 Like

Meta is the new micro I suppose.

2 Likes

I think we have them all figured out, in that they stole Facebook’s new name and then went back to 2014 to choose Unreal 4. What idiots! :wink:

@komemiute - come on, spill the beans, it’s just a job - you can get another one etc. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Honestly I said all I can.

7 Likes

I will steal your catalytic converter and sell it if we don’t see more soon.

4 Likes

Pro Platform, this is not the consumer engine you are looking for.

2 Likes

Nice. Will it have a dynamic campaign?
:popcorn:

2 Likes

for a short while thought its FighterOps resurrected :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

:sweat_smile: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

Isn’t DCS a spin off from a pro platform?

3 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:

4 Likes

Not for Home Consumers.

2 Likes

I wonder if they will release a commercial version in the future?
Sorta like the DCS/ED (or whatever their industrial outlet is called).

That looks cool, but in all honesty, I feel someone could make a very similar (borderline identical) trailer with DCS right now…

3 Likes

Yeah, some of these shots looked incredibly similar to what you would see in DCS. I bet if you were to take these and do a blind test people would struggle to differentiate the 2. Well maybe not a “blind” test, wouldn’t be really smart with a video…
But then there’s that part about terrain creation and how NOR knows what you’re looking at and what it’s made of. Both impressive and scary.

NOR: You.are.looking.at…Body part. Made out of flesh and fat

Oh come on! My eyes just laid there for a second! I wasn’t even looking.

sorry :grimacing:

2 Likes

Oh yeah never meant to diss them, just to point out how far DCS has come! :slight_smile: