Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

That’s also a thing I noticed in videos, mainly of people who are clearly not pilots/simmers and slam those planes onto the runways at high speeds and steep angles.
No way those landing gears would take that kind of hit.

One of those dudes “landed” a King Air at ~140 knots and with 800ft/sec which would even be hard for a carrier plane and the gear was fine. And not only was the gear fine, it did not bounce at all.

Thank you so very much BeachAV8R.

Copenhagen:
Looks great. There are a lot of correct buildings in central Copenhagen, obvious autocreated ones in certain areas and almost no buildings at all in others. Most noticeable in the harbor industrial areas.

Based on a couple of missing features, the bing map orthophotos used is from no later than the middle of 2018. The features are present in the September 2018 orthos and missing in the May 2017 orthos

FS-074 The last green roofed shed to the right under the right wing/body joint is the home of Copenhagen Suborbitals.

Tandslet:
You found exactly the right spot. On 2 pictures I can follow the road into my parents driveway. All buildings are autogen.

Frederikssund:
I did find my apartment building but it looks all wrong, but that is no wonder as all buildings in the area are autogen.

I do find it cool that you can follow the roads as in real life.

So cool in fact, that I have jumped on the wagon and preordered the basic version. None of the versions have any of the aircrafts or airports, that I am rooting for but I can hope they become available.

Happy Simming

1 Like

In a spin the aircraft remains stalled. The airspeed indicator is basically a total airpressure indicator that needs airflow along the longitudinal axis of the aircraft.
So in a spin, the aircraft moves through the air, but in a downwards rotating motion where the airflow is at a high angle of attack which will only register like small fluctuations on the airspeed indicator. If the speed increases, that means the aircraft is no longer stalled.

3 Likes
1 Like

Man… That is looking really fly. I still haven’t made my mind up about what version I want.

1 Like

73 posts were split to a new topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator - Post launch impressions

I think that worked. The screen flashed. Now, we gotta figure where they are saved.

in my documents, isn’t there a ‘my screenshots’ directory? might be there.

1 Like

X:/Users/(name)/Pictures/Screenshots :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Anybody having luck with Steam? Per the MS announcement, it should be working. Hitting install only downloads a 200kb file, trying to launch prompts the following:

Same issue here @boomerang10

edit: I restarted steam and it is now downloading 600MB

1 Like

@Sryan I did the file verification option and it’s downloading more now.

1 Like

One of the times I load it was all ok, then i close, open again and marketplace tab was disabled?!? someone knows why?
Thanks!

It’s connectivity dependent. Check your Options / General / Data / Online Functionality is set to ON.

3 Likes

Hey @fearlessfrog, nice to see you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is definitely my kind of flying :star_struck:

https://youtu.be/2ehDGGDJGzM

2 Likes

How Microsoft Flight Simulator Recreated Our Entire Planet | Noclip Documentary

1 Like

This is the documentary that sold me on this sim. And I am glad it did! My first non-combat flight sim in 30 years.

1 Like

If i had a slightly better rig I’d consider getting it…

Don’t you fly DCSW as well?
If you can run DCSW in a decent quality, FS2020 should also run decently.

1 Like