Microsoft Flight Simulator - Post launch impressions

Microsoft Flight Simulator Release Times by region

TL; DR:
International releases (from MS Store) starts from 17th of August 10.00 UTC and rolls out to different countries/territories from there.
Steam release will be available from 18th of August 04.00 UTC/00.00 EST/21.00 PST Aug 17

1 Like

kiribati1

5 Likes

Lol. Yes. If you change your windows location, I guess you can download now. Not that I’m recommending it. That meme even without the text is hilarious.

1 Like

*Furiously searching online for a beachfront timeshare on Kiribati…

For central europe that would be midnight, just to save you some time.

Edit: Actually that list is just a very verbose way of saying „you can download at midnight“. :smiley:

Confirmed, changed region to Kirbati and am downloading currently, would have to wait till 22:00 UTC otherwise.

1 Like

I is already playing. Dang I hated those watermarks!!

Also. Day one drivers!

2 Likes

If you’re using non-english Windows version it is advised to install English(United States) language pack for your Windows.

A new NVIDIA driver for a flight sim!..must be 2020 still.

So you can do this:

1 Like

Yup, this is what I was wondering about earlier; if nVidia would have created a ‘path’ for FS2020 in their drivers. Now, the efficacy of it remains to be seen. Good way to keep market share.

Hmmm…GeForce Ex. shows my driver as up to date, but a lower number than listed above (452.06). Perhaps my card is SOL here ([whispers] do they want me to upgrade?). Or the drivers aren’t really out yet? 1080 VCard BTW.

So, can you spin aircraft now?

https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/452.06/452.06-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

So, should I ditch the GeForce Experience thing altogether, and d/l and install manually from her on out? Just curious.

1 Like

Yes. Ditch it like a corsair on fire. Drop it like an ugly baby. Ditch it like that hot chick who turned out to be an utter psycho. It’s trash.

2 Likes

Ya know, I’d managed to bury that [those?] memories deep…til now* :grin:

*but she keeps calling me

It’s possible to do that?

3 Likes

3 Likes

I like GeForce experience. most especially I like shadowplay for stutter free recording, and then Nvidia shader controls for the SIM. No reason to mess with reshade.

3 Likes