Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

That’s not great news, it’d be partly out of date on launch…

Well yes and no, i mean, DCS also runs ok-ish on DX11.

The tech they created for the terrain is pretty impressive, so is the depiction of weather and light. It doesn’t seem unreasonable to me that they dumped so much resources into the predictive streaming and the AI that procedurally creates terrain features that they opted to leave out VR for the first iteration.

2 Likes

Yes, but at the same time I find it puzzling that VR wasn’t a selling argument from the get go. But, of course, it may be years before FS2020 is caught up by the hardware to show off it’s new features in VR. So focusing of what sets it apart from the others may be good marketing, actually…

1 Like

At the very least, they have a sense of humor.

“DELIVERING THE DELIVERABLES WE SAID WOULD BE DELIVERED DURING THE DELIVERY OF UPDATES” - October 10th development update

7 Likes

Anyone got the mail confirming one’s included in the beta testing?

I haven’t so far.

2 Likes

Nope…not a word. I thought I was a shoe-in…I even dressed up and wore all my medals when I applied…

12 Likes

Well, with all that metal you exceed Max Take-Off Weight!

6 Likes

Plus its a royal pain getting through the TSA screening…:grimacing:

2 Likes

I swear, the few times I got pulled aside for a random check at the gates, the MP’s ears started bleeding when I started describing all the internal gear stuffed into me.

3 Likes

Uhm… What?

Hearing aid, cochlear implant, and implant processor!

3 Likes

Wedge an antenna in there and you could work as a spy with a great cover story.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I find it equally amusing as that article that you happened to know about it to make the reference. Good find!

I spend far too much time in FBOs looking at my phone.

4 Likes

O.O Sorry, I didn’t know- I thought there was a joke hidden in there…
Ugh. Didn’t mean it like that…

2 Likes

Well those are just the family friendly ones… :wink:

1 Like

Just one of the things you get adjusted to when you have internal medical devices. Nobody really quite knows what to think when they ask about anything that might trip the wand thingy. :thinking:

2 Likes

From the Wiki article that @BeachAV8R posted:

…former Director of the CIA’s Office of Technical Service, who said that the project was abandoned due to the difficulty of training the cat to behave as required,

[my emphasis]

:roll_eyes: Yeah…having worked wit “the Company” a few times I hate to say that it dose not surprise me at all that they actually thought they could train a cat. Don’t get me wrong. Some of the brightest people that I have ever met I the community were CIA. But many had a rather imperious streak that would certainly lead them to believe that they could train a cat to do whatever they wanted it to do.

Yeah…it really just doesn’t work that way with cats.

7 Likes

2 replacement hips at 38, needless to say enhanced Pat down or the body scanner every time. As a full time cop, I have no issue with being patted down, you get over that in the academy in training having it done to you hundreds of times. I do have issue that they are so bad at it. I have yet to have a pat down, that as field training officer, I wouldn’t have told my rookie “do it over and do it right.”

6 Likes