Middle East Project

Campaign name: “Mr. Bones Wild Ride”

3 Likes

I had read on one of the DCS announcements on Facebook, in the comments, that the maps will not increase in size/detail unless otherwise stated due to the objective of keeping things working within the current minimum RAM requirement of 8GB. This was in terms of expanding the Nevada map.

Any large increases to the map’s size or number of highly detailed areas would mean changing the minimum system specs, which it seems they aren’t ready to do.

Actually, Mars wold be much cooler…just say’n :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cooler… maybe. But a bit boring. Lack of plants, cities, water and so on. Also very thin atmosphere. Bad for flying.

1 Like

That one kind of raised an eyebrow with me, too.

New pics

5 Likes
  • Project Middle East

• Project Middle East

• Project Middle East

• Project Middle East

• Project Middle East

• Project Middle East

6 Likes

Loving the map, but I wish we’d have the era specific plane set to fly in it.
The F-5 is the only Allied jet…

F-16 is supposedly coming. Issue there may be that it is too advanced a model. Also the F-15C. The there is the A-4 mod…

Mid-70s to present. Great, but we havent covered the 70s. The Eagle is a MSIP Charlie, so it’s out. The Viper will be a Blk 50, so it’s out. The Tomcat is a B-model. Out

I’m for more terrains, but unless you’ve got the plane-set to accurately fly the era, its meh.

And I got bit by buying Normandy, so I’m cautious.

I’m easy. Tomcat, viper, eagle, MiG-19, -21, -29 will all do fine. Just is a matter of not taking AMRAAM on all the machines.

1 Like

Indeed! Like I said in another thread - you can under equip the new model, but not over-equip the old one. ED will likely choose the most capable model as that offers the greatest sales opportunity.

With the Hornet we even sort of got forced into under-arming concept as the PGMs came post-release.

2 Likes

Sparrows and Sidewinders only on F-15 and F/A-18, limited PGM on F/A-18, F-16, and no A/G on F-14 – though we’ll be getting the A soon enough. Given how vastly simplified the EW simulation is, all the electronic doohickeys and stuff don’t matter too much, so remove a bit of weapon capability with the existing planeset and you can make it work.

It’s not going to be perfect, but I firmly believe it can work. Servers already ban AIM-54s, AMRAAM, R-77, etc. weaponry anyways, so it’s not a stretch.

2 Likes

Of course an F-4 and A-7 would be nice…OK and a F-111 for @Bogusheadbox

4 Likes

Ugra Media now have their own section in DCS 3rd Party forums
https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=646

4 Likes

New images of “Syria Map”…

• This week our third-party Ugra Media announced that DCS: Syria is approaching it’s final
    stages of development. This map covers most of the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea,
    it includes several climatic zones and territories of 5 states - Syria, Israel, Lebanon,
    Turkey and Jordan.

Since the times of Ancient Egypt, the Roman and Ottoman empires, large-scale wars were
fought across these lands. Thousands of years ago these battles were fought with swords
and arrows, today these areas have become the theatres of grandiose air combat simulation.

During the Arab-Israeli confrontation, Soviet MiGs, American Phantoms and French Mirages
fought here. And today almost the entire arsenal of DCS combat aircraft and helicopters rise
into the sky above this territory.

DCS Syria will bring 32 aerodromes including the international airports of Damascus, Beirut,
Adana and Haifa.

Check out the Ancient Palmyra districts Development Screenshots.*

8 Likes

Looks great! Carrier ops on Bagel Station! Dog fights over the Horns of Hattin! I can’t wait!

2 Likes

Maybe a Hind/Syria bundle release with that Helo base

7 Likes

…just shorted out my keyboard wit drool. :drooling_face:

1 Like

@Hangar200 LOL Now here is a map where I wish we had a modern and an older (60s) version . But still so much missing. Where is a good Phantom, MIIIC and for all that’s good WE NEED a MiG-17F.

6 Likes