MSFS Add-Ons & Releases

For $15 you really can’t go wrong with this one. Obviously not study level, but it’s got enough going on to keep you busy (and no autopilot). It feels as you would expect (heavy) and it goes nowhere fast, but it’s all about the journey, not the destination… ;).

13 Likes

I bet you can’t do the wheelbarrow with it, @PaulRix:wink:

5 Likes
3 Likes

Challenge accepted…. Hold my beer please! :wink:

3 Likes

I won’t sip…too much.

I’m not sure I did correctly, but here you go… and thanks for holding my beer!

14 Likes

Hah! Awesome!
I’ll buy you another beer too. :beer:

Now I need to see if there are some Caribous left in the store…

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there is at least one left, just waiting for you! You are going to love flying this one in VR…

2 Likes

What a hell of a pilot! :+1:

2 Likes

lol nice!

As Paul said, the DHC-4 is great value for money. Can’t expect a study level aircraft for that price but it’s really enjoyable to fly :slight_smile:
I wish it had an autopilot, though :sweat_smile:. Apparently you can hand over the controls to the AI copilot but I’ve never tried.

An-225 released :slight_smile:

The Microsoft Flight Simulator team is excited to announce the latest release in the Famous Flyers series of aircraft - the Ukrainian-built Antonov An-225 Mriya. It is an ultra-heavy lift jet transport aircraft featuring six engines and numerous size-related aviation records.

Tragically, on February 27, 2022, the only Mriya ever completed was attacked during the Russian invasion of Ukraine and rendered unusable. Plans are in motion to bring the Mriya to the sky again, and all proceeds of the sale of this aircraft in the Microsoft Flight Simulator in-sim marketplace will go to the Antonov Corporation in support of their effort to re-build the An-225.

The Antonov An-225 comes with six liveries, including Xbox, Aviator’s Club, and four others from which to choose. It is available for PC today in the Microsoft Flight Simulator in-sim marketplace for $19.99, and coming soon to Xbox Series X|S. The sky is calling!

5 Likes

I would like to know how indeep the systems are done in that An225

Given the price and the way it’s presented on the MSFS website I would expect it to be pretty light in terms of simulation.

This could help

3 Likes

Oh dear. Looks like I’m installing msfs again

2 Likes

Definitely a good week for transport/freight pilots… I think I will enjoy the Caribou much more, but I will pick up the AN-225 if for no other reason than to support the effort to get her flying again (although I am not too optimistic that will ever come to pass)…

4 Likes

NEW BETA UPDATE

That’s another one I had in FSX with VR and much to my surprise I really liked it. Can’t remember whose it was - maybe Wilco/FeelThere.

PS - and btw the Caribou will be good for lugging stuff in Neofly… and the An225 will be good for my AI pilots to earn me money with!

2 Likes

I had been holding off firing up MSFS to avoid downloading the giant update patches, but see An225 I click.

1 Like

The nose door animation is fascinating to watch…

The C17 looks quite petite in comparison, assuming the scale is correct.

11 Likes