MSFS Add-Ons & Releases

Never made it to see the terminal in New York but TWA was my go to airlines until they folded in 2001.

Wheels

1 Like

That terminal was built at a time when America was the future. Just rewatched 2001 last night. Stylistically it still holds up.

3 Likes

Dude. This hallway?

Totally should be taking me to the Pan Am space plane!

3 Likes

FROM THE FSLTL DISCORD:

whakamolenz — Yesterday at 7:25 PM

@everyone - Base Pack 1.2.0 Released to FBW installer,

this is a large update it may take some time to update, give the installer time!

• Additional liveries, total now over 1650+. Full livery / model list at Liveries – FSLTL – FS Live Traffic Liveries

• Reworked metal effect layers for all aircraft

• Animation and model optimisations

• Post SU12 Sound improvements

• Optimised Asobo C208B, B350, C25C and GA aircraft C172, C152, DA40, DA62, G36 added

• Various livery/texture fixes and tweaks

• Aircraft animations fixes (ATR,DH8)

• Updated VMR file for Vatsim users

Thanks to all the team for the continued focus on improving and adding to the FSLTL solution!

For support, please review Support FAQ – FSLTL – FS Live Traffic Liveries and User Guide – FSLTL – FS Live Traffic Liveries first and raise a ticket in the support-forum if you still need help. (edited)

I picked up the FlightSim Studio Tecnam P2006T last night. It’s very nicely done with some nice features such as a proper pre-flight walk around, persistent state (per livery), along with chocks covers and tie-downs. It isn’t the fastest airplane, but quite nice for puttering around. It’s a G1000 panel, which is either a positive or negative thing depending on your viewpoint. At $35, a little pricey for what at first glance looks like yet another small GA plane, but I think it is probably good value if you have any interest in adding a modern, small light twin to your hangar.

A selection of shots taken on a short flight from Carlsbad (KCRQ) to San Diego (KSAN)

9 Likes

I wouldn’t turn one down were it offered to me IRL!

3 Likes

Don’t worry about the deleted posts - just me ranting on something that gets right up my left nostril :upside_down_face:

Would it be any better if it went left up your right nostril?

This is probably why I shouldn’t be having a pint before I’ve had lunch.

5 Likes

Something different, and a lot more fun than I thought it would be… the Got Friends Astro ONE…

For $10 you can’t go wrong. The price is going to be raised to $12.99 after a short introductory period. It comes with some neat features, including a race course scenery, which is fun. In VR it is a blast.

6 Likes
4 Likes

In addition to the oceans/Antarctica world update, the ATR is available on the Marketplace. Looks like you get the ATR 42 and 72 as a bundle for just $12.99 (at some point they will bump that up to $19.99). I don’t have a burning need for the ATR but at that price I will have to get it.

4 Likes

The 33% discount is on everything on the Market Place store [that they publish] and is a permanent discount to those who own the Premium, Deluxe, Deluxe Premium, ‘Deluxe Premium Deluxe’ and ‘Premium Super Deluxe’ Editions of the sim originally. Note: Owners of the ‘Deluxe Premium Premium’ get no discount, as screw those guys! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Info on that here (and yes if you upgrade from the standard one you get the discount too):

So far the moaning about the ATR is powering a city the size of Orlando, harnessing the rage of free and cheap stuff like no other community can manage. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

as I read it, it is rather [only] on

the purchase[s] of all first-party planes from the Marketplace

so I guess third-party planes are excluded from this discount. pls correct me if I am reading it wrong.

1 Like

Exactly! They should be moaning about not getting a Dash8 instead!

3 Likes

AVAILABLE TODAY!

Microsoft Flight Simulator introduces a two-plane bundle as the first release in the Expert Series, a brand-new series of highly authentic and accurate aircraft. This bundle includes the ATR 42-600 and ATR 72-600, both masterpieces of modern aviation technology.

The 42-600 is a twin-engine commuter airliner that seats up to 50 passengers. Distinctive in appearance with elegant lines and curves, it boasts thoroughbred performance in the air and can operate out of a wide variety of airfields.

The 72-600 is a refined version of the ATR 72. The airframe boasts improved cabin design and an advanced multi-panel glass cockpit to optimize pilot efficiency. The ATR 72-600 is a high-wing, twin-turboprop, regional airliner that allows aviators to sharpen their skills as they cruise the airways around the globe.

The ATR 42-600 | ATR 72-600 bundle is available now in the Microsoft Flight Simulator in-game marketplace for $19.99. The sky is calling!

3 Likes

So when it rains, it pours! No version of KPHL for years, and now, suddenly three of them arriving… This one is available from Orbx or Simmarket.

https://mkstudios.pl/products/philadelphia-airport/

4 Likes

A stretch. More accurate: “Fine examples of mid-‘80s European Flight Deck logic which was somewhat ahead of the dominant (read: Boeing) philosophy of the period.”

3 Likes

Who are the other PHL makers?

I bought the ATRs, but haven’t flown them yet. I don’t usually like glass cockpits, but made an exception as they are good for Neofly stuff, plus I used to work on them in RL. Not these ones - we had the 42 mostly, though the 72 may have been there before I left. Our usual planes were the ATR, Dash-8, SAAB 340 (maybe 2000 as well - Swissair iirc), Fokker 50 and BAe146. Plus we had one Embraer Bandeirante. I’ll never forget that damn thing, cos I did ground power and the socket for that is on the nacelle just behind the prop! I had nightmares about that thing!

3 Likes

There is one that just arrived in the MSFS marketplace in the last week or so from FlightSim Studio AG, who I only vaguely remember hearing announced as an Asobo partner some time ago.

The other is from DominicDesignTeam

1 Like