MSFS Add-Ons & Releases

Ahh Saab 2000. My last airliner.

1 Like

Just released today, the Alouette III by Toag’s Hangar. So far I really like it, although the pedals are not very effective, especially to the right. The Dev is looking into it so hopefully we will have an update soon. Other than that though, it looks to be nicely modeled with lots of liveries and various attachments such as a winch.

https://flightsim.to/product/sa316b-alouette-iii-for-msfs-by-taog-s-hangar

8 Likes

I remember being told that the Swissair 340B was going to be replaced by the 2000, but don’t remember whether it was before I left. I think it must have been, because when I bought Carenado’s 340B I thought it looked nothing like I remembered - not as pretty, so I reckon I was remembering the 2000.

Seen a few of those in similar conditions rescuing skiers with broken legs. I used to ski for my regiment (I was an army ski instructor) and spent a lot of time in winter in Bavaria and Tirol. Happy days - I really miss being able to do stuff like that.

3 Likes

Saturday morning, having a coffee while Bertil the puppy is snuggling up to me in the sofa…
Surfing around the world of flightsims, I came across this little beauty.

Being a curvaceous and fast swede, one wonders why @PaulRix hasn’t picked one up yet…

3 Likes

You don’t think I have added enough aircraft to my hangar this month? :wink:

Alouette
ATR
Astro One
Technam P2006T
Norseman
Airbus H125
SH-2 Amphibian.

Even for me that’s a heavy month :wink: . Plus there were some scenery addons such as Victoria Falls, and a few of the Burning Blue Designs airports that were on sale that I just had to have… :crazy_face:

8 Likes

It’s a new month in a couple of days… :smile:

9 Likes
4 Likes

What are your thoughts regarding the ATR?

I like it but feel it needs a bit more work to become one of my goto aircraft. Lots of guys are on the fence regarding getting it but I feel, for the price, it is a great deal. It’s just kinda quirky for me. Getting the throttle to calibrate properly has been challenging. It goes into reverse when I move my Warthog throttle to idle. Could be something I’m doing wrong.

To be honest, I have only flown it a couple of times. For $13 I don’t think anyone should be complaining. It’s certainly good enough for me at that price.

I think the biggest bone of contention for many is that Blackbird/MilViz cancelled their ATR project because they didn’t feel it was worth competing with the Asobo product. Maybe they will rethink that now that it is apparent that it isn’t as ‘study level’ as it was spun up to be?

1 Like

I also want to add that like all inibuild msfs addons, this one also need an AVX compatible CPU.

Good points. Thanks.

Moved from the news section as it should have been in this one…

Didn’t know this was released, but seeing as there is a distinct lack of any Herc on the horizon, I splashed on the Transall. Gonna have me some fun with this baby!

https://azurpolygroup.com/c-160-transall/

5 Likes

Bwuh?!

I had not seen that one yet, thanks!

1 Like

I am resisting and hoping that one day we will see a steam gauge version of C130 in MSFS.

5 Likes

You can always have a read of the manual and then decide…

https://azurpolygroup.com/resources/

2 Likes

FROM THE FSLTL DISCORD:

whakamolenz — 05/07/2023 9:44 PM

@everyone - FSLTL Traffic Injector 1.5.0 available in FBW installer

NEW FEATURES:

• Dynamic SID/STAR support using current METAR data and active runways from sim. Disabled by default. Enable via start-up configuration questions (if Navigraph Navdata is installed). Asobo bug prevents use with Asobo navdata for now (no support for SID/STAR if Navigraph is not installed).

• Cruise speed synchronized with FR24 for AI aircraft above 10,000ft

• Workaround for Asobo’s floating landings introduced in SU12 (may still have occasional issues)

• Static GA parking setting for parking spaces smaller than 10m radius, configured via start-up questions

• Flight Plan DB logic change for better plan generation and updated plans, requires FlightPlanDatabase API key to be set.

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Airport data file updated to April 2023 accuracy, including new airports and naming fixes

• Static parking injection now using more recent historical data (approx April 2023)

• Fallback matching updated for better GA matching to new GA models

• Improved VFR waypoint handling

• Improvements to FSHud data injection and support for upcoming FSHud versions

BUG FIXES:

• SU12 altitude bug prevented dynamic IFR air / ground ratio and prioritization of in front aircraft about 20kft - fixed

• Aircraft flying in wrong direction to previous waypoint fixed

• Turnaround call signs corrected

• Fixed sim CTDs caused by certain airport names containing special characters

For support, please review Support FAQ – FSLTL – FS Live Traffic Liveries and User Guide – FSLTL – FS Live Traffic Liveries first and raise a ticket in the ⁠⁠support-forum if you still need help.

EXPERIMENTAL BUILD USERS DO NOT NEED TO SWITCH THIS VERSION - IT IS THE SAME AS THE BUILD YOU ALREADY HAVE! (EDITED)

Another curious oddity for the hangar, the Rara-Avis Sims Bulldog Autogyro.

It has a definitely 1930’s vibe to it, but the aircraft is actually much newer than that. It’s interesting to fly, needing very little runway to take off, although I have found it a bit of a challenge to put it down precisely where I want it. Probably more a deficiency in my technique than a problem with the aircraft.

It’s available through the iniBuild app or website.

7 Likes

Looks like a Stearman’s little brother.

3 Likes

That would be pretty cool to fly!