MSFS Add-Ons & Releases

Yep. More than three or so is nogo for me.

I use LittleNavMap for planning and having a proper map, NeoFly for missions, and KineticAssistant for soaring.

I might make an exception for when I finally manage to build up the guts and try out celestial navigation.

However I refuse to install planes or sceneries that require additional external tools to run. And I don’t want to remember all different places where I got stuff. I fly mods from flightsim.to and buy planes from the MSFS store, and I only check those two for updates.

3 Likes

I started off with good intentions of limiting my DLC/addon sources, but that went out the window when I considered that I’m on the road a lot, so my time at home where I can sim is limited. Waiting for a particular airplane to be released on my desired platform was an exercise in frustration quite often, and so I now just buy from the first available source. The result is messy and I can end up with out of date aircraft, but …. 1st world problems.

3 Likes

Kind of a surprise, but it completes NY for me.

https://mkstudios.pl/products/laguardia-airport/

Key Features

• Quality rendition of LaGuardia KLGA

• Detailed terminal interiors

• Up-to-date construction and grounds

• Working Nool VDGS devices

• Handcrafted 3D models of buildings, jetways, and various airport facilities

• Custom 30cm/pixel satellite image covering the airport

• Elevation data based on high-quality LiDAR scans, including runway and apron profiles

• Custom, up-to-date ground polygons with lines, dirt, markings, and other details

• Realistic lighting for immersive day and night operations

• Custom Points of Interest (POIs) around the airport

• AI compatible

• AI parking codes

I picked up the Do31 VTOL transport prototype last night.

It’s an interesting aircraft to fly.

Transition to the hover from conventional flight takes some planning ahead, because it takes quite awhile to slow down. With a little bit of practice, you can fly it quite precisely, but it feels heavy on the controls. Well worth checking out if you want to try something a little different. I’m fascinated by experimental prototype aircraft, so I had to try it.

15 Likes

Thunderbirds are GO!

3 Likes

It would fit right in with that show.

2 Likes

Sad that from inibuild… (they build aircraft thats not compatible with old CPUs (that works well on msfs, but not with inibuild birds).

That is a wierd problem… is that for all the iniBuild ‘fleet’?

Another neat little purchase… Airshow Assistant, just $5 at the Marketplace. It would be nice if you could have a little more control of aircraft type and livery for your wingmen, but that might over complicate things… this is very simple to use.

8 Likes

yes, sadly, they use a library for encryption the data that requires AVX CPU instructions. I have that problem with the free airbus, an225, and no more because learned the lesson. ATR also have that issue. That problem is detected and reported in inibuild forum. IMHO its a shame that because something that its not required for the aircraft himself to works (its not a simulated feature) is the responsible to make an addon not working. Even worst, its against msfs requirements and also they never mentioned officially in their store page.

2 Likes

Yet another Freeware gem I neglected to update until now, and surprised at the recent changes including the startling silhouette’s of moving people in the terminal. Might just beat the payware!

https://flightsim.to/file/5784/gatwick-egkk-ultra-star-edition-phase-1-0

2 Likes

I have been doing really well lately when it comes to MSFS purchases… but then IndiaFoxtEcho does this to me…

I haven’t done much with it yet…just a quick hop from RAF Conningsby over to the Mach Loop, and then straight to RAF Valley because I neglected to bring sufficient fuel to get home.

I’m sure that when Just Flight release their version of the Tornado I will jump ship, but in the meantime, IFE have done a nice job.

9 Likes

Bastards… Have they absolutely no compassion?
I feel for you! I really do.

More pics please! Cockpits…

2 Likes

I was having fun with the tool a day ago :slight_smile:

Would love to have a feature which would generate an AI aircraft following some predefined path and it was up to me to formate on it :+1:

5 Likes

Finally with interior and working !!!

As i love this aircraft and until now CS was the company that did the best C130 for pc (remember the fsx and p3d version), it was a insta buy for me.

4 Likes

Ooooh… A nice old, analogue, Herc! Gotta love that.

1 Like

It looks great. I have to admit that I am a little hesitant due to Captain Sim’s track record, especially with the C130. Please let us know your thoughts on it.

2 Likes

Yes, this looks really exciting as the J version (in works by… Milviz perhaps?) has no appeal to me. Whatever is round looks so much better…

But this Captain Sim is not what it used to be once. It almost looks like someone bought the company and tries to milk the once good brand as much as possible. I may be wrong here of course.

The screens looks great but I wonder about the systems… I am a bit afraid we might have another great looking flat system-wise toy.

I hope I am wrong. Will wait for reviews first. Fingers crossed! :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

1 Like

I have to admit that this shot makes me want to reach for my credit card.

One of the things I hope to do in MSFS is recreate the RAF aircraft lineup from when I was in the service (1990-1999). So far I have:

Tucano (I forget the developer)
JF Hawk Mk1A
DC Designs Harrier
DC Designs Phantom FGR2
IFE Tornado GR1

So the C130H would fit in there nicely.

6 Likes