MSFS Add-Ons & Releases

Great, then “Please let us know your thoughts on it.”

:laughing:

3 Likes

If I hadn’t purchased the Tornado last night…… I’ll get to the C130 at some point though. It seems that there are a lot of new aircraft that I would really like to add to my hangar right now.

I’m still debating whether I should buy the DCS version of the Chinook or the recently released MSFS version. I’m sure that the DCS version will be more realistic, but there is a certain appeal to flying the beast out of RAF Odiham, plus I rarely touch DCS these days.

4 Likes

Just checking out sim outhouse… apparently the CS C-130H is not study level (which is OK, though at this price point… ehm) and apparently the overhead panel is mostly inop (which is not OK).

I am looking forward to some reviews.

2 Likes

Some low level using the TFR and autopilot…

Too low level… while the real Tornado’s TFR looks some way ahead of the aircraft to detect rising terrain, in MSFS the system uses the default radalt, which looks directly below. :crazy_face:

After a little bit of playing around with Airshow Assistant, you can indeed change the livery and type of aircraft your wingmen are flying… pretty neat.

13 Likes

Sim Outhouse is going through a major format change and at some point, in the next 45 days I expect, they will be moving away from the vBulletin software to another forum software. When this happens they will be locking everything down so they have a stable backup point.

If there are any downloads you have been putting off getting then now might be a good time to grab them just in case the site is down for an extended period of time due the move not going as smoothly as they had hoped.

Wheels

3 Likes

GAIST ULTRA V5.0 Released

So far only available on flyawaysimulation

AI Ships, Boats & Global Traffic for MSFS (flyawaysimulation.com)

So what is new…

• More ships in all categories
  • Increased route coverage
  • Improved loading performance allowing us to once again just have one route package with all global routes

Some of the new models…

3 Likes

I love GAIST!

It really adds something in harbors to see ship traffic.

2 Likes

Some that want to see more about the new C130H from CS, check this video:

Was not made by me, but shows well how cool this new aircraft are and finally we have a very nice C130 for modern civil flight sims.

Was already sent to marketplace for ms approval a liveries pack 1 for it. Looking forward and hope to see some mil camo and civil versions on it.

P.S.: PaulRix, I think after you check this video, your credit card will suffer a bit more…

3 Likes

If @PaulRix gets it then I am really curious about his opinion provided what comes out of the discussions on SoH, Avsim and MSFS official :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I will probably get it… in the next 9.99USD sale :moneybag:

I not want to be the “lawyer of the evil” and idk about the current discussions on SoH, avsim, and msfs.

But the problem is that many times opinions are based on youtubers that feed their likes of youtube with crying babies behaviour and attitudes of rage and scandal. Many times some foruns opinions are like: ohhhh this is a manure addon because its from CS and CS becames like a beating sack thats cool to say bad things. OFC they released their only external aircraft on msfs and in my opinion was not very good move, but it was a move when we have the sterical overhyped around msfs and because of that and the big flood of many new civil flight simmers we saw many many companies delivering really bad paywares in and out cockpit
Many of that 3rd party companies the internal and external model and level of simulation goes worst than the c130 external only model and no one made 1000s of videos against CS. The community created like a religion where is fun and cool with “likes” catch for youtubers and posts saying slur against CS, many of these followers never saw nothing about old cs addons and some even more unfair say bad things because they remotelly listen about it and never saw/tried any addon of them.

CS in the times of FSX created VERY GOOD addons, they had the best B707 ever made in any flight sim until today, best C130 ever made in any flight sim and very very good boeing like the B757 and B767. Their fsx C130 is so good that LM includes CS C130 as their officially C130 to be distributed as default aircraft on P3Dv5 and its a serious platform that in Pro version is used for real trainning. Also their B757/767/737 and L1011 are top quality in p3d and very very good addons in a study level and one of the best airliners for p3d among other excellent addons. Amazing quality in and out of the aircraft. So saying that everything that CS release is bad because everyone say it, is very unfair.

As mentioned, CS did that bad move trying to go fast catching the hype train of msfs with something like many other devs/companies do with addons even worst, but now crusify CS as the worst ever addon company as many foruns users and youtubers say and trying to take down this addon is not correct. See in detail that video and compare with multiple other msfs addons and you will see that exist much much much worst in marketplace that no one are talking or making an agenda to take it down. Some videos looks like: “ohhh everyone is saying bad, lets do another video to also say bad and receive also likes”. Also this new C130 can’t be study level, but you can do normal flight with gorgeous visuals in and out of aircraft and you not have better C130H not even on plans from other devs. If you not like it, go to P3D or FSX with another C130 and again from the commonly “hated” CS.

On marketplace you have much worst addons, including some Legends aiircraft officially released by MS and no one are doing agendas around them.

Attention, i’m talking my opinion in general, its not any reply specific to person A or B

2 Likes

For the moment I am going to hold off… it looks really nice, but the sounds are evidently not quite there yet. I will keep an eye on it though, and will most likely pick it up sometime in the future when the product has matured a little.

I just pulled the trigger on the MilTech Chinook though… I will post my initial thoughts on that later this evening.

2 Likes

The MilTech Chinook is, from initial impressions, well worth the $35 asking price. I like how it handles…she’s no Gazelle.

Exterior model is nice enough.

With the ramp opend, you can see some nice detail in the interior, although not to the level seen in the Captain Sim C130H.

A nice steam gauge panel…

Lots to play with on the overhead panel…

You can see out the window, off to the left of the helicopter, a UAV control trailer. This is one of a number of different sling load cargo items available. The cargo spawns off to the side of your Chinook. You have to take off and pick up the load by hovering over it for a period of time (about 30 seconds).

Here, I’m hovering over the container. Using the ipad, you need to keep the red dot (the cargo) within the inner circle and at a suitable height.

The other thing worth mentioning is the number of extras that come with this product. Custom airfields (I was flying at RAF Odiham, home of the UK’s Chinooks). There are a variety of missions for you to complete if you want to and it also comes with quite a number of liveries. I think it represents very good value for your money.

6 Likes

Thanks for your point of view and I hope there are no hard feelings. Some like blondes, some like brunets :slight_smile: I am happy you enjoy the C-130 :+1:

The steam gauge old school C-130 is the one I would definitely like to add to my virtual hangar. Though with the first-hand reports (so from people who actually bought it) from the fora linked above I will most likely stay clear for now.

Happy landings!

I have a lot of time in the CS Herc for FSX and would agree with @stavka regarding their FSX products. It used to be my favorite bush plane :slight_smile: It is seriously fun dropping it into short strips with trees at both ends. Capt Sim has never been PMDG, but the C-130 and B767/757 were lots of fun and just complex enough for a mostly mil sim pilot to enjoy without nit picking or rivet counting. I tend to not load up on liveries, usually happy with Delta, FedEx, or something similar, so being forced to buy them is not a major factor. But, I understand why it is a major pain point for some. CS has never been apologetic about the practice.

What CS did between their FSX Herc and the recently released version seemed to be either survival mode or profit taking. Your call. It did feel like that especially in the early days of FS2020, there was a lot of money grabbing in play. Perhaps that was due to an incomplete dev kit, but past offerings of external models only, no VR support, and the lack of documentation compelled one to look elsewhere. As much as I’m tempted to add the new CS Herc, I’ll watch from the bench until some docs and a custom sound set are available.

Nice quick take on the MilTech Chinook @PaulRix.

1 Like

About C130 i saw in foruns some people got wild and did bad reviews about this C130 not worth is very bad because not follow HDG or GS on AP whatever they do on aircraft. This is not a C182 and this aircraft have some non conventional AP. If you configurated it well with the correct modes it works perfectly well in LOC, LOC+GS, HDG, VOR. So sadly like many games on steam always exist bad reviews and some where the problem is lack of ack. Also when you only try to see how bad something it is and only focus on bad reviews you always have reasons to not buy everything. All addons and games have bad reviews.

For now i already did some few flights from cold and dark and it worked very good. About sound, i saw some movements on forum about a guy that provided some C130 sound records to CS and probably and i hope so that later we will have some improvements on it. Anyway what we have now is not a scandal.

A problem we have in this hobby is that some people clamour for hyper realism, but when you give it to them, it really isn’t what they want because it is either too hard, too much like work or simply too boring.

8 Likes
1 Like

Seems like an age-old problem.

Two specific examples come to mind. I remember mission ingress and egress in Jane’s F-15 were rather uneventful similar to what was described by real-world pilots. Some people complained that missions were boring because they had nothing to do during ingress and egress. I remember reading an article where one of the developers stated that the mission design reflected a realistic representation of combat sorties in the Strike Eagle and the real world. He even mentioned that they intentionally designed longer deep-strike missions to start from the tanker because they believed people would not want to take off on a long flight, tank, fly some more, hit the target, and repeat on the way home.

Another example that comes to mind was the radar modeling in Back to Baghdad. At the time it was considered the most realistic radar (vetted by several Viper pilots) available in a sim. Some people claimed it was broken because they couldn’t understand how they could see a bandit but couldn’t lock it up. Others complained that the avionics suite was too difficult to use because it required managing or selecting the correct modes. The flight model was another issue, especially how the viper bled energy in turns. Gone were the days when you could turn indefinitely without worrying about energy. Imagine having to manage energy because the model was realistic. :grinning:

TBH, realism is low on my scale of wants. I just want the modeling to be believable and the sim environment to be convincing enough to maintain my fantasy. “Close enough for government work” has become good enough for me. :grin:

9 Likes

The way I always say it (when the subject comes up) is that most people want to pretend to fly a plane, not go through the training to actually be a pilot. (especially in your living room/den where you can only get so real sitting in front of a screen anyway despite fantasies to the contrary)

The millions of dreamers visiting airshows and the Smithsonian etc (and now playing MSFS as interested amateurs) almost of a certainty far outweigh (and outspend!) the cadre of niche enthusiasts that claim to want realism while tending to fight like cats and dogs over wildly varying personal definitions of just exactly what realism means.

There is also a coterie of grounded ex-pilots that I suspect will never be satisfied, as what they really want, and are not gonna get in a basement room or wherever, is to be back at the controls of an actual plane.

5 Likes

The irony is that the most important thing about flying isn’t having an encyclopedic knowledge of aircraft systems, although you do need a good understanding of how the systems interact with each other. The most important thing is your decision making, risk management and situational awareness skills. A desktop sim can be used to exercise those skills, but only under controlled conditions.

So, for a desktop sim, I think the overall experience is far more important than having every circuit breaker working, or the flight model being slightly off here and there.

9 Likes