Mudspike Air Cargo

2 Likes

Despite the ugly contract from yesterday morning where I lost money (or more correctly - damage), I managed to pull in about $35,000 flying a few more trips, which officially tips me past the point where I was on July 22 when I sold the Norway operation and moved to Mud Lake. Not only do I have more cash, I have a more valuable aircraftā€¦so altogether Iā€™m probably 100K better off than I wasā€¦but it took a lot of cargo hauling to get back to where I wasā€¦!

As well, Overall Reputation is sitting at 32.20, up from 24.2 when I sold the Norway operationā€¦so we are getting closer to that 40 goalā€¦!

ā€¦and for those wonderingā€¦Iā€™m going to try to run this company as a single pilot / aircraft operation. Yes, I know I could hire AI pilots and get another plane and make more money fasterā€¦but Iā€™m seeing how far/long it will take to build this company up from a Lone Wolf standpointā€¦

Itā€™s just meā€¦and the dogā€¦

3 Likes

Total $428.00 AUD

Luckily paying in Australian dollars hides the true cost! Itā€™s paying for itself already!! :slight_smile:

With AUDā€¦you just move the decimal left one space right? Right??

1 Like

In the AH1 days I could get up to 100% rep within a few days. In AH2 I think it will take a lot longer.

1 Like

If @Bogusheadbox manages to get the Aardvark program back up and in the National Budget, then yes, pretty much.

2 Likes

Alrighty thenā€¦letā€™s give this back country stuff a whirl againā€¦this time 1U2 up to 2U5ā€¦a Forestry Service strip about 163 nm northwest of Mud Lakeā€¦

Looks like a fun little tripā€¦!

1 Like

Made it in just fineā€¦

2 Likes

Wingroot mounted engines are so under appreciated unfortunatelyā€¦

Interesting. I think itā€™s your distance and airport size settings (i.e. lower than mine) thatā€™s giving you the density of activity that Iā€™ve not seen. In my case I get long distance relocation flights and little ability to chain things. More flying required to see if that helps.

1 Like

I find itā€™s nothing unusual to have relatively few jobs on offer. It can depend on many things, though.

When I started a company a week or so ago, I found I had about 10 outbound jobs and not a single inbound. Iā€™ve had similar issues with AH1, but Duncan (AH dev) wasnā€™t able to come up with a reason for it.

@Agent_X20 AND @Brix - I havenā€™t tried it, but if you move the job settings slider in options and then hit the jobs refresh button - does it instantly change the jobs available? Iā€™d try it, but Iā€™m not homeā€¦

Iā€™m fairly sure you have to wait for the current jobs to expire or for the next day to roll around to generate new jobs with the revised settings.

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s the case. Unless you buy a different aircraft, when it should supply new jobs for that aircraft.

1 Like

Back to ā€œworkā€ this morningā€¦

1 Like

Quick little 60nm trip for 10K out of Jefco Skypark MT41ā€¦I love fields like this that are a bit easier to spotā€¦

CARGO-308

4 Likes

Congrats on the salary bump. At least you are not paying them to fly anymore!

4 Likes

Yayā€¦! My best landing yet in the C-185F and Air Hauler. I had tried to get into this little strip at Ousel Falls a few days ago and dinged up my airplane pretty good. The tiny 900 x 60ā€™ strip is in a housing community and is well hemmed in by terrain and trees in all quadrants. This time, I stayed a bit higher, used full flaps, and kept a bit more airspeed in to allow for the instant speed decay during the aggressive flareā€¦

Getting out might be interesting with 1,400 lbs. of cargoā€¦not sure how Iā€™ll manage that yetā€¦

2 Likes