Mudspike Air Delivery - FSEconomy UPDATE

Is there any particular aircraft we should look at purchasing next? The 412 was a great pick up.

Also, there is a FBO at FL91 which is about 16 miles from 9FL6 for sale for 90k. This may be a good buy where we could could possibly start getting some FBO to FBO missions. I just don’t know if its too close to be profitable.

What are yalls thoughts?

The C119 is cheating at this point. I made a few runs today and we’ve got over 600k in the bank…

4 Likes

How are y’all finding all these super-lucrative high-paying runs? Out of curiosity.

I search for airports by filtering for C119 availability. Then on the list I look for the countries that are in Africa, Australia or South Asia. They tend to have the big money runs. I just start clicking through the list of airports with C119 till I find a 25-30k run.

I think the key is you have to be willing to fly anywhere. I always wanted to fly in a specific region so even when I found a bigger plane, the options for jobs just never lined up. Or I just sucked at math? Lol

This is one I’ve found to be pretty lucrative. Often has a return trip with similar jobs.

1 Like

Just ticked us over 700k…

2 Likes

…and it seems like all the Flying Boxcars are reserved right now. At least the ones on the decent routes.

You can cancel the all in reservation and then just rent it like normal.

1 Like

So, ah, FSE may have sent me to one of those nonexistant airfields. Again…

I’ll have to see tomorrow if a Boxcar can do a grass takeoff.

1 Like

Oh man, I remember those. If the ICAO seemed odd, I always tried loading the airport in the sim before flying the route just to make sure. I don’t miss that.

2 Likes

Pro tip:

If the airport doesn’t exist in Xplane or whichever sim you are using, you can spawn in to the closest airport your sim does have, and then fly to the geographic location of the missing airport. Once you land in the open field there, you can log into FSE and start the flight like normal. I had to do this in Oman this morning. Slightly annoying, but when you need that airport to start a 200k Flying Boxcar run, its worth it.

1 Like

Oh, the departure airport existed- it was the destination that was the problem. And now that the Boxcar is parked there after my flight, I’m not sure how that’ll work when the next person loads in there.

Though IIRC it hadn’t been flown in FSE since 2016…

EDIT: On a related note, I’m looking at Do-328 routes as well, since the plane is fairly cheap to rent and can carry a good bit of cargo.

1 Like

We’re sitting at $875k now. We’ve profited over 550k in this first week of the month! I added an emergency supply run for 29VA, it has 5 days of supplies remaining and the AI delivery isn’t showing up for 11 days. I created an assignment to bring 100kg of supplies from a nearby airport to get us through to delivery day. Has a payout of $5k if anyone is interested. Will probably take 10 minutes of flight time.

Just so everyone is aware, I’m testing the interest accrual system. We don’t appear to be accruing interest in the group bank account. I transferred 900k to my personal account to see if it grows here. Going to put it back plus interest (if any) in a week.

Bank Interest:

The FSE Bank will pay you a monthly interest payment (accrued daily) at 5% APR on any positive Bank balance, up to $1,000,000. Any balance amount exceeding $1M will be ignored for interest purposes. The FSE Bank will also charge you at 10% APR interest rate (accrued daily) for any negative Bank balance.

Only personal accounts earn interest. Group Bank accounts are not eligible for earning interest. (since group’s cannot take out a system loan, they will also not pay interest)

Looks like we could 5% a day on 1 mil if we hold the cash in a personal account.

So the interest accrued $130. Not losing too much by keeping in the group account.

Hi all, just joined so first time post here. Your flightsim discussions actually prompted me to join as well as getting me to dust off my old FSE account, so thanks for that. As a note about interest, this is from the manual and and I verified in my personal account.

“ a positive balance earns you a daily interest accrual of 5% APR, you will have $0.14 added to your “monthly interest holding account”. If nothing changes for the next 30 days, each day you will have $0.14 added to your holding account, for a total accumulation of $4.20. At “server midnight” on the last day of the month, $4.20 will be deposited into your cash account as a monthly interest payment from the FSE Bank to you“

So on a 1M deposit you’ll see approximately 4.2k a month, and yes only on personal accounts.

Cheers,
Phlash

3 Likes

Thanks. And welcome!

I may now rescind my gratitude for the rekindling after my hiatus ( :wink: )just added up the FSE tax bill, sheesh, rather painful especially since I’ll need to install xp10 again since I don’t have a compatible fleet in 11. If Mudspike needs a heavy hauler for fbo construction let me know I’ll lease it over for a $1, though most of the fleet is in South America.

2 Likes

Well take whatever we can get! I usually find a free ware module to fly the stuff I don’t own. Lots of decent ones out there. Considering buying us a King Air 350. Mainly because the air foil labs version is so nice.