Mudspike anniversaries

I just got the Anniversary badge again today, May 23, 2022. May 19 was my 7th one with this iteration of the site. I originally joined the site on April 16 of 2015 (still have the confirmation email :sunglasses:) with Beachā€™s first invite just before the complete revamping of the site in May of 2015.

How many anniversaries for you?

Wheels

1 Like

April 6th 2015 and May 19th 2015 :sunglasses: .

1 Like

Where does one find this tidbit? The year was 2015? All I have.

About the time I uploaded this (pre-VR days for sure):

ā€œManicā€ was all I could come with at the time for a handle.

2 Likes

ā€œRixey businessā€

1 Like

I also got my seventh one recently.

(The profile page says I joined May 20th 2015).

2 Likes

I was thinking the other day of when i first joined Mudspike and got new user of the month,

I sent @BeachAV8R a thank you message. I assumed you all had a vote :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I was so embarrassed when i realised it was just disco bot

Old Dominion GIF by Academy of Country Music Awards

Such a newb :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

I am sure most of us would have voted for you.
You are great!

3 Likes

Bless you, but it was still funny. Me joining the forum was like an alien trying to figure out the earth.

3 Likes

We all feel like that at times.

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to have to stop reading suggested threads - You think you were embarrassed? I did & thought exactly the same, but would have never have realised it was disco bot without reading that!

@Harry_Bumcrack <ā€” even bigger newb :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Some of us are perpetual newbs, even after many years on the forums.

Weā€™re glad to have you here, seems that you fit right in. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

Yeah, i like him too. Lets keep him.

Next year, if he behaves we will let him into the super secret part with strange handshakes and passwords.

5 Likes

Didnā€™t realise that Iā€™d joined the Freemasons :astonished:

3 Likes

Pshaw, freemasons.

Weā€™re the motherlovin illuminati mate! yeah! believe it baby!

Lisa Illuminati GIF by Witloof Collective

3 Likes

But we need to know if he can crash all dcs planes in a regulation manner :grinning:

3 Likes

He needs to thread the needle. Upside down. In a gazelle.

Then he can join us

one of us GIF

3 Likes

@tempusmurphy I can guarantee that I have crashed more times than landed in DCS. Not sure if it was in a regulation manner, but I was ā€˜sitting at attentionā€™ if that matters? Not all the planes, but all the modules I own :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: I realise that ā€˜sitting at attentionā€™ might not have crossed the language barrier? In our Army, same as the Brits you can stand or sit ā€˜at attentionā€™ in a regulation manner. Like thisā€¦ except for that one guy :astonished:

sit-attention

4 Likes

Nup, never going to happenā€¦ I hate helicopters with a passion. I might have the Apache, but if I never have to get in a real one again it will be too soon.

Damn things have nearly killed me twice as a passenger IRL.

2 Likes

Howā€™s it go?, ā€œ10,000 individual parts, flying in close formationā€ :slight_smile:

3 Likes