Mudspike Country Club

So the somewhat miracle season wound down to the final stretch. 3 Wins and a lot of “at least I didn’t totally blow it” finishes helped me lock up a spot in the FedEx playoffs at a comfortable 5th place in the standings. The first few rounds went well and I managed to stay in the top 20 of the finishes with my spot still in tact. The final playoff round before the championship however was a nightmare, luckily it was for everyone else too. Unfortunately my 59th place finish there dropped me down 2 spots to 7th place going into the Tour Championship.

Not expecting much I teed off at the first hole. It’s usually is a strong sign of how my day will go. Seems it might not a bad day as a long birdie putt I was just hoping would stop close to the hole managed to find it’s way in. Several more along the way dropped as well with no implosion in site just yet. Through 9 I held a 2 shot lead.

I managed to push that lead to 3 strokes heading into the 18th hole. Still no implosion, please dear good don’t let it happen now! I narrowly avoided danger all along the 18th and low and behold finished out to secure the win and the FedEx Cup!

and no I wasn’t playing on very easy or easy :joy:

2 Likes

Whelp, finished the The Saghen Special +11 I was even after the first round. I watched almost all the Masters today, must have golfed me out. Shot a +11 on the 2nd round.

Where is Beach and Fearless? Are they boycotting the The Saghen Special?

2 Likes

I would also suggest adding Superstition Valley GC as the Desert Heat Invitational. I played a few holes. It could be challenging for the good players. It will be a nightmare for me. It looks good though.

I thought I was going to make a good run on the second round but I just couldn’t manage it. Couple bad shots and trouble reading even short putts.

I’ll probably miss a couple events. Out of town and probably won’t have the time to complete a couple of them…

I’m getting worse at this… agh! I just carded a laughable 23 over for the first round at Augusta. Masters… master of bad golf.

I seem to have developed a pause at the top of the backswing using the x-box controller. This always give a slow backswing and varying impacts to the downswing.

Coupled with doing an Ernie Els on the 6th or 7th green. :man_facepalming:

I’ll spend some time on the driving range before the next round and try and claw some respectability into my score.

I don’t think it was you. I was also using an X-Box controller and after 4 rounds certain holes at certain spots I could not in any way, no matter what I did, keep those shots from from going slow or very slow. I could always always hit certain shots perfect every time on other very specific holes. I had zero issues with the course I played before hand or the one after. (I have noticed this on other courses, but usually limited to maybe 1 or 2 holes)

For the sake of curiosity @Sine_Nomine what did you use for controls? Wondering if it’s us or something else.

Anyway, I got a +21, +9, +11, +9 for a final of +50. I am not a Master

2 Likes

nice, I did finish up probably a little less than an hour ago.

1 Like

There’s a really cool new course out there called Mudspike Tropical Reserve…hmmm :smiley:

Let me know if it’s any good. My first attempt at building a course. I was going for that mix of fun and challenging without being absurd. Honest ratings also appreciated.

4 Likes

The hole with the anthrax bunkers is a tough one! :wink:

4 Likes

@Sine_Nomine Thanks for the in depth look. You’re doing far better through 9 than I do on my own course haha. One thing I didn’t realize until after was that the crowds aren’t there for a local match or regular playthrough. They do appear though if you play it in a society event, solo or other. Does make it feel more alive.

Heavy wind does seem kill some of the bunkers though, we’ll blame it on less than thorough play testing from the creator :smiley: Lessons for next time. I do wish it could be play tested by someone other than me before publishing, but seems only I can play them before being published, bit of a downer there.

*the secret to take off for that plane is that it turns in increasingly faster tight circles until it reaches take-off speed :joy: Skilled pilots only need apply.

2 Likes

well that Masters Tournament was rough (harhar). I felt kinda ok until the final round… the scorecard shows a +1 but wow, I was +5 at one point. Could’ve been worse!

I’ve added 3 more events. I’ll hold a season closing after those I think if I’ve got it set up properly. If not, well, I’ll figure it out.

New season to come after that.

2 Likes

When is that event over? I was hoping to play it the next 48 hours…was away on vacation and probably missed it.

1 Like

Ended yesterday.

2 Likes

Well then, I can definitely say I would have won it… :rofl:

1 Like

Something something back spasms…something something… My big comeback is slated for 2020…

1 Like

I was 100 strokes off the lead for our masters… where did these ringers come from :smiley:

1 Like

So many chances to top the leaderboard on this latest one… squandered some really short putts… breaks that looked like they were there just weren’t… and then other holes had the opposite. 2 solid rounds though. I like that course.

1 Like

Left too many putts a hair short over 2 rounds, -7 overall for me. Slightly makes up for the masters debacle.

we’ll see how next week goes, if enough people like that course I may put together another course or two for the 2nd season.

Ouch. Two supremely forgettable rounds at Rosarito Bay. I couldn’t get a ball to go anywhere I wanted. Those greens were pretty contoured…and I was always on the wrong side of them.